Tu Jo Kahe!

Manik's point of view:
Medha had enjoyed all that was for her this eve and now I could see she looked pretty much exhausted. My little girl in her cute 'lehenga choli' as mom calls it (I would've preferred skirt and top!) looked like a princess. Yes she was daddy's princess.
She had been dancing and eating all the time despite me telling her not to but this pampered girl! I would be shut each time i tried to tell her not to dance too much! I was her father i wanted to tell these people who everytime asked me to shush myself whenever i tried to stop from over doing something. And sometimes i was bowled out by her cute fake cries and those puppy eyes each time pleasing me! I wish her mother was there to take care of both of us. Had Nandini been here even i would've behaved like Medha just to irritate her, just to see her make those annoyed faces and then finally hug her to manaofy her. How i wished to do so mich with her that i don't know if I'll ever be able to do! I miss you Nandini!
I looked around trying to find Medha when i saw Navya getting hyper again! She was doing this for i don't know what number of times this eve. I mean she's been trying to call someone from even before the start of the program. She's waiting for someone.. Someone very important..
I had heard her say to Cabir sometime back that 'what if they don't come!' who was the they i couldn't understand!
"Manik.. Medha bhot tired ho gyi thi toh maine usse abhi sula diya hai neeche vaale room mei!"Mukti came to me!
"haan I'll wake her up! Ring ceremony jab start hogi!"i told her and she looked at me as if she wanted yo ask me something.
"kya hua?"i asked her hoping to trigger her mind.
"you're missing her!"she said looking directly into my eyes. I knew what she meant.
"who?"i faked.
"c'mon Manik! Tum dono ki ring ceremony nhi hui thi but you still miss her so much today!"she knew me so well!
"mukti! I couldn't stop her! But i can't let go of the thoughts of her! That's what makes me live each day!"i said and she nodded.
"chal anyways abhi first performance Cavya ki hai! Phir teri! Okay?"she changed the topic.
"Kavya kon hai.. Alya ki koi friend? List mei toh aisa koi naam ni tha!"i said confused.
"gadhe! Kavya nhi!Cavya!"she tried to explain.
"kya difference hua!"i looked at her sarcastically.
"difference yeh hai ki tunne jo Kavya bola vo ek ladki ka naam hai aur maine jis Cavya ki baat ki vo do alag logo ke naam hai!daddy's growing old!"she teased but i was still confused.
"do? Log?"
"duffer! Cabir and Navya! Cabir ka Ca and Navya ka Vya! Cavya ! Couple stuff Manik! Anyways be ready!"she said and i was left alone to wonder what would Manik and Nandini make together.
"Manan!" was the only word thst came out of my mouth in whispers. Now i definitely wanted to have a son who i could name Manan. Though i still love my daughter more than anything else and I'm not and would never be like those stereotypical fathers who could go to any length to get a son. To top it all! Sons are pain! First for their mothers and then to others. And i don't want to put Nandini into pain! And what if he grows up and becomes like me. A confused retard who ruins so many lives and breaks his love's heart only because of his stupid confusions. No girls are better. Always clear about what they want and what they feel. Except for when they're shopping and a few more times. But still girls are the best! And my Murthy girl is the best example.
"Ladies and gentlemen! Aaj ki shaam Dhrulya ki life ki sabse important shaam hai toh kyu ma isko aur bhi khaas bnaya jaae!"Aryaman began!
"Dhrulya!"i muttered amused. Their name fitted so perfectly. And there I'd always tried Alya's into mine. 'Malya'
A slight giggle escaped from me as i joined Alya's name with mine. Never fitting! Manan and Dhrulya! The best forever.
"bilkul! Kyu nhi.. Toh iss shaam ki shuruat aaj ki sabse khidki todh jodi se karte! Humari pyaari madhubala Navya Naveli aur unke aashiq Cabir Dhawan yaane ki Cavya ke saath!"Mukti announced.

(varun as Cabir and Alia as Navya)

That was a cute performance and i never imagined they could perform so cutely. Wonder how many fights led to this.
"whoa! That was the bilkul khidki todh performance Cavya! So ab jo next aa rhe hai.. Vo hai hum sabke dilo ki dhadkan.. Suro ke malik! Manik Malhotra!" aryaman announced and i almost neared the stage when the lights went off!
"itni bhi jaldi kya hai! Maana hum unke jitne achhe nhi par.. Itne bure bhi nhi!"a sweet voice that I'd heard before spoke from somewhere. I knew this voice. How could I ever forget this voice. It was hers. But was she really here. Or is it some illusion! Am i imagining.
"Nandini!"i whispered as the spot light fell on a girl who stood their in a beautiful attire. Her back towards the audience and her face hidden. But i could recognize her petite frame. It was her only. There was a guy as well whom i did not in the first glance but then he was not unnoticeable after sometime.
He instantly made my blood boil.

(varun as maddy and alia as Nandini. Ps. I'm not any alia fan but the songs are good!)

I was happy. I didn't know if i was imagining or it was for real but i just knew that if it was my imagination, i never wanted to get over it.
I saw both of them get off the stage hand in hand that did infuriate me but i was too busy in admiring her that i didn't care about that maddy. This langoor never suited my girl. I wanted to talk to her but my feet seemed to be stuck to ground and my eyes on her.
"ohh my god! Nandini Murthy in the house! That was such a surprise girl! Maddy bro.. Long time man!"Aryaman spoke to them over the mike while it suddenly struck me that i needed to change my song! I had to! For her!

"soo now we have the most awaited person on stage to perform a soulful song that has been written and composed by him! Manik I'm sorry bro! I had to ask you to do this! You've kept this song hidden for too long now!"aryaman looked at me. He knew it! He knew about my song. He knew it was for Nandini but how did he...
Suddenly Cabir came from behind patting my back!
"this. Is the right time! Go tell her what you feel! Tell her that you're sorry!"Cabir whispered and i knew how aryaman knew about my song!
I glanced at Nandini and instantly caught her looking at me. I knew i had to do it now. For her.

(now love me for this music video!refer to it only for the song where he is in the club singing not the whole flashback video!)
"this song, ladies and gentlemen! Is for the person to whom i owe alot. Maybe my whole life! I jyst want that person to know that I am sorry! Yes i am! I am sorry!"i said as i adjusted myself on the chair in the center of the stage. After a long time i again felt comfortable holding my guitar in my hands.

Mujhko sazaa de
Ya chaahe bhula de
Tujh bin jiyun kyun
Bas itna bata de

I looked at her each time words escaped my mouth but all she did was look away.

Chahe hansa de
Ya chahe rula de
Itna hi chahun
Bas apni panaah de

Tu jo kahe
Duniya bhula doon main
Tujhko hi apni
Duniya bana loon main

I was being honest! I was just telling her whatever i wanted to for all these months. And Though she pretended as if she wasn't paying attention but i knew she was.

Koi sehar si jo teri
Yaadein yaad aati hai
Bujhi bujhi raaton ko yun
Roshan kar jaati hai

Koi sehar si jo teri
Yaadein yaad aati hai
Bujhi bujhi raaton ko yun
Roshan kar jaati

Jo tu hai judaa
Khudse hoon khafa
Karde tu safa ik dafa

I had never felt this light in all these months. It felt like a burden was being lifted off my chest. I felt at peace. I had her in front of my eyes. I confessed everything.
I closed my eyes as i sang the last lines of my song for her. I felt happy.

Tu jo kahe…
Duniya bhula doon main
Tujhko hi apni
Duniya bana loon main

*******************************
(in the end of the video when he imagines anmol in the club take her as Nandini! His imagination!)
Cheers!
Lots of love!