A Day Or A Leap?

Ever since I've known him, he's never been so quiet and i wonder what it is. Is he still thinking about me and Maddy being together. But why would he? I mean.. He already has a girlfriend whom he claims to be very much in love with.. Then why should he care about who i am with.. We had decided to be separate individuals after marriage but now i guess its going the wrong way..
It was like a battle between my head and my heart and i knew no where to take a side. My heart? No that'll lead me to another heartbreak if whatever I'm thinking is just false hope that I'm giving myself. Then? My brain? But its too harsh for a reality to be.
My thoughts thoughts came to a crashlanding when i felt a sudden jerk and my eyes directly fell on Manik who was sitting calmly. Or rather blankly?
Aiyappa what's wrong with him?
I stared at him until he looked back at me and made a weird expression.
"what?"he asked finally having enough of my staring.
"what are you?"i asked him quite confused about what actually was he. Was he having a split personality?
"what do you mean by what am i. I am human.. Ofcourse.. Like you.."he answered lamely as if i was dumb to not understand his simplest of the equation.
"you're definitely not like me... Because I'm not confused about what i want in my life.. But you are.. And i swear Manik you confuse me too.."i said and he shrugged casually.
"we've reached the college and i gotta park my car.. And then go for my practice.. Mind getting down.."he said. That was very rude of him. I looked at him, my temper rising at an unexplainable speed.
I did not ask you to get me along you moron..
I stepped out of his car and he drove past me. I walked into the college corridor still angry with him.
How dare he.?
I wasn't even willing to come to college today but he forced me.. He brought me to college.
"so pretty lady! Woke up on the wrong side of the bed.."i heard a female voice right in front of me and i looked up only to be surprised.
What the hell! What's going on today.. Did i sleep for longer than one night.. Why is everything so changed.. Aiyappa.. What's your plan..
"kya hua.. Bhot zada gusse mein ho.."she asked me again and i looked at her blankly.

While on the other side Manik parked his car and stepped down only to remember that my phone was still with him. And with that he remembered something more.
He took out my phone out of his pocket and leaned back on his car. To his better luck i had locked neither my phone nor my apps and he had a free access to my whatsapp..
He tapped on Maddy's name on the top of my whatsapp chat list and resumed reading from where he had left, like a novel. His interest in my phone was much more than he had ever had in any of his novels.
A smile gradually took over his frowned face and a wave of relief rushed down him. He looked away still smiling and smirking.
"urggh! Nandini Murthy.. You're bad.. You're very bad.. At lying.. And that too to me.."he muttered and walked in smiling broadly.

"Alya?"i asked her dumbstruck as she looked at me.
"haan Nandini.. Kya hua tumhe.."she asked her tone utmost sweet.
"haan.. Umm.. Nhi vo.."i muttered.
"achha i wanted to say something.. Actually.. Vo.. Arey Manik!"her pitch switched instantly. I turned to see Manik smiling at us broadly and walking towards.
Fake or real? Then or now? What is he really?
"haan Alya bolo.."he asked looking at me slyly.
Ab kya aiyappa.
I looked back at Alya having enough of his confused personality.
"Manik.. Nandini.. Guyz.. I actually wanted to say.. That.."Alya paused and i and Manik involuntarily looked at each other.
"listen I'm sorry.. For whatever happened yesterday.. And Nandini.. I'm specially sorry to you.. For however I've behaved with since the beginning.. I've always blamed you.. But trust me i know there was never a fault of yours it was just my messed up self.."she said and i stood there numb while Manik looked at both of us confused.
"Alya.."i started but couldn't find any words.
"Nandini.. Look kal bhai ne jo kuchh bhi kiya uske liye bhi I'm extremely sorry.. Mai bas gusse mei kuchh bhi bok rhi thi.. I didn't mean any of it.. And i would request you ki tum bhai se pkease dur rho.."she continued while i could no longer register anything.
What was happening today.. Why does it look like my life has taken a huge leap...
"Alya..its okay.. I understand.. And i trust you.."i said my genuine self overpowering the new me that i had created for them.
"tum relax karo.. And Harshad ne jo kiya.. It hardly matters.. Vo tumhara bhai hai.. Uski mistakes ke liye tum sorry mat bolo.. It wasn't your fault.."i smiled at her genuinely and left from there leaving the couple alone.

"what was that?"Manik asked Alya as soon as i left and she smiled at him.
"Manik.. I realized.. I was wrong in blaming her all the time.. Toh i apologized to her.."she said genuinely holding Manik's arm and he held her by her waist.
"that's like my girl!" he said and brushed his nose with hers.
...
I was walking towards the canteen lost in trying to connect whatever happened in one night when an announcement interrupted my thoughts.
"all the students are requested to gather in the amphitheater as soon as possible.."the familiar voice said and turned back.
"Murthy!"i heard Aryaman and i looked around.
"kaha khoi ho?"he asked and i nodded in a no as we headed to the amphitheater.

"so.. Students like every year.. This year also S.P.A.C.E is very enthusiastically organizing Musicana 2016. All the singers and bands should pull up their socks because the auditions for the same will be held today itself. As we all know Musicana has always been a very happening event of city.. The number of teams that'd be selected for the finals will be twenty.. That includes solo as well band.. And the best part is that the auditions will be judged our very special and learned teacher.. Ustaad ji.."Nyonika ma said wuth a warm smile and i wondered how could someone carry herself so damn smartly.. Looking at her for the first time no body would be able to say that she must be a mother.. The aura that she carries around herself is totally created by her. When she is at home she is a complete homemaker yet when she is at work she works utmost professionally.
"enough of admiring my mom!"i heard his husky voice in my ears and i rolled my eyes. Without wanting to turn i tried getting away from him but he held me by my wrist gripping me closer to him. I just huffed knowing that i had no escape. I had to listen to his nonsense.
"why? Nandini, why do you ever even try to lie to me..or ignore me when you know you can't!"he whispered in my ears and i fekt numbness taking over me. No doubt he affected me as hell. I closed my eyes tight trying not to get carried away while he held on to me all through the while.