Missing Me?

Manik woke up as his alarm buzzed by the side of the bed. He looked around disturbed by the sudden ringing of the alarm and found me missing from the bed.
"must be in the washroom!"he muttered as he got up and walked to the washroom's door.
"Nandini?"he called but didn't get any reply.
"Nandu? In there?"he knocked on the door and the door opened revealing an empty washroom to him.
"breakfast? Already?"he thought aloud and shrugged his shoulders.
He took his favorite pair of tee and tracks and went in the washroom to get ready. He and Alya had planned a bunk for the day. A brunch date! Somewhat.
He came out setting his hair when his phone rang and my number shown bright. He picked up the call on the very first ring.
"Nandini kaha ho yaar tum?"he asked instantly.
"Manik! Nandini ghar pe nhi hai?"and he realized it wasn't me on the other side. It was still Aryaman. That meant i hadn't taken my phone from him.
"nhi i haven't see her since morning.. I thought usne tumse phone le liya hoga!"Manik said getting into seriousness.
"college?"Aryaman popped up.
"this early?"Manik reverted.
"maybe with Navya or Maddy!"Aryaman suggested but Manik wasn't convinced.
"Mai Fab5 and Murthy house pata karta hu!"Manik offered.
"the Murthys are not home! They left for Mangalore.. Rishabh needs to come back too.. So Nandini's mom had told her that they'll spend two-three days with her amms and then return.. Last evening only they left!"Aryaman gave him the new piece of information and his expressions turned grave.
"she didn't tell me about it... But where else can she go.. Let me check!"Manik said and disconnected the call.
"why are you doing this Nandini!"he mumbled as he left a message for Fab5.
:Nandini missing! Text me if you get any information!:
:huh! How desperate can she get to gain your attention Manik:came Alya's immediate reply and he rolled his eyes.
:Alya not now! She might have gone to some friend's: texted back Dhruv.
:checked! Her scooty missing too!:Manik replied looking in every corner of the house. Nome of the members in the house knew where i was.
:heading to college! Will let you know if i find her there!:Cabir had said.
:guys Abhimanyu saw her on a dhaba on National Highway the road that heads to Lonavala:Mukti texted back.
Abhimanyu was an old friend of Mukti who had been out of station for a while and my luck hadn't been good enough. Abhimanyu had spotted me clicking selfies with board that said 'Lonavala-65kms'. I had reached quite far in a very less time. Another two and a half hours drive and I could reach one of the heavens on earth and this monsoon breezy weather was a cherry on the cake.
"national highway! What the hell!"Manik blurted.
"Manik what's wrong..?"asked Nyonika ma to a frustrated Manik.
"Ma Nandini.."he said half irritated and half humble.
"what happened to Nandini?"ma asked instantly worried.
"she's left for Lonavala on her scooty.. That too without informing anyone.. I know she is distressed with this wedding and all but that doesn't mean she leaves like that... She doesn't even have her phone! What's wrong with this girl"Manik said sitting on the couch.
"Manik! Iss mein vo akeli fault pe nhi hai! Dekho tum bhi yeh bhot pehle se jaante ho.. Uski habit hai aisi trips pe jaane ki specially jab vo kisi baat se pareshaan ho.. Aur yeh baat hum sab jaante hai.. Kyunki hum mein se kisine usse kabhi rok kar yeh nhi poocha ki usse kya pareshaan kar rha hai toh usne apne man ko shaant karne ka tarika khud dhund liya! Manik vo iss sudden shaadi se pareshaan hogi.. Specially jab usse pata hai ki yeh sab fake hai.. Agar tumne pehle hi as a Bestfriend usse daantne ke bajae yeh puchha hota ki vo kyu troubled hai toh shayad yeh nhi hota.. Ab usse time do.."ma explained to him but he wasn't convinced. He remembered everything that i had said last night. He knew i was now deliberately trying to change my priorities.
He nodded to Nyonika ma,took his car keys and headed out of the house. :let her be!: he texted to Fab5 and sat in his car. The engine roared back to life and he drove out to the college.
"fine! If this is what you want Nandini Murthy!"he clenched his teeth as he drove faster.
....
I was almost nearing Lonavala and i knew once i entered the hills there was no turning back and thus it was wise to take a u-turn now. I turned my scooty back in the direction from where i came and rode back hoping to reach before Raghav sir's class started at 12. That was the only class i ever attended because it was music class and nothing was as good as music.
....
5. 4. 3. 2. 1...
"thank-you aiyappa mai zada late nhi hui... Its just two minutes to twelve... Nandini Murthy rush!"i reminded myself and leapt up the stairs to the music room.
"may i come in sir!" i said and all eyes turned to me as my voice echoed in the silent class. What the hell! Meditation! Nooo! Why today Ustaad ji! I thought as i looked at everyone that included Fab5 and my group and then at the like teacher. The old man sitting in the soft single. Cushion glared at me. "I'm sorry sir!" i said looking at Ustaad ji who was busy glaring at me as if i murdered his dog. Why did he have to take Raghav sir's class on such odd days when I'm a big mess. He checked out my dressing twice and made disgusted face. Did i mention he was a person who never favoured western culture be it music or dressing.
"Nandini Murthy.. Yeh bachhe bevakuf hai thik time pe class mein aate hain.. Aap pure 5 minute late hai!"he glared back at my face and i tried controlling my heavy breathing. "I'm sorry sir!" i repeated and i could here giggles in the class. I glared at the students in the class and everyone silenced. There was only Alya again shooting daggers at me. Bhai rakhle! Sirf Manik nhi.. Tu puri duniya ke larke rakhle! I wanted to tell her but right now i had ustaad ji to tackle.
"kou baat nhi! Aiye! Punishment toh aapko milegi... Aaj hum aap hi se shuruvat karenge! Koi bhi gaana ek koi classical instruments ke saath aap hume suna dijiye aur phir hum aapko maaf kar denge.."i looked at him blankly. Was he nuts! Classical instruments.. That needed practice. But.. Fine.. If he wanted to try me..
I went and sat next to him on the cushion taking the veena in my lap.