If Not Mine, Someone Else's Atleast!

Author's point of view :
So yes this how life plays games with us.. On one side Nandini is still in the dilemma, if she was right in coming back or not and on the other Manik was wanting to run away from all the marriage business. It reminded him of their marriage.
Where on hand Nandini wanted to see where Manik stood today. She wanted to know if he'd moved on.. And if he had, then with whom if not with Alya. On the other  Manik wanted to believe that she hadn't moved on. Wherever she was, she was still his. Untouched, unloved, just pure.. Because it was only his right to love her,to touch her.. And keep her serenity with him forever. He wanted to keep her safe this time. Away from all the worldly problems. He wanted to be the reason behind her smile and he wanted to break the bones of any god damned reason of her tears.

It was morning now and things at the Malhotras were in full swing. The ladies in the hoyse were running around like mads and the men.. What do you think would they be able to do when their ladies are already running.. They had to run behind them.
"mom.. Why do you even try.. Mr. Ashwin Malhotra is very busy.. He would never be able to make it.. Alya don't keep your hopes high!"Manik repeated as Nyonika stuck her cell to her ears for nth time. She was trying to call Manik's dad since morning but he wouldn't pick up a single one. He had told her earlier that he had meetings lined up after he landed in Zurich. He didn't want Manik to get into the business again and miss his best friend's wedding ceremonies and so he decided to deal with them himself.
"Manik.."Alya glared at him and he grunted.
"huh.. Do whatever you want.. I'll go and check on the caterers!"Manik said and turn.
"hum jaa rhe hai.. Hum kar denge.."Navya prompted as she held Cabir by the arm.
"oye.. Hello.. Iss hum mein mujhe include mat karo tum akeli kaafi ho.."Cabir shifted from his place making Navya loosen her grip on him.
"Cabir! Humne kaha chalo humare saath!"she eyed but he ignored her.
"its okay mai chala jaunga!"Manik added.
" nhi!" Navya screamed and paused as she she realized she was too loud. "humara matlab hai tum decor dekhlo and cake ki arrangements dekhlo hum chale jaaenge.."she said as all looked at them shocked.
" what's up guys.. Need help?"Aryaman joined.
"haan.. Aryaman tum chalo na humare saath!"Navya said turning to him as Cabir looked annoyed. Manik shifted towards Cabir nudging him by his elbow.
"beta.. Meri vaali ko toh chhorha ni.. Teri vaali ko chhorh dega? Dekhle tunne abhi bhi propose ni kiya hai.. Aur phir bhi tu usse uske saath jaane de rha hai.. Agar ab vo uske saath chali gyi.. Toh tera kya hoga Cabiraa!"Manik said more like whispered to him as he gave Manik death stare before he spoke.
"uhh! Actually Navya.. Nhi ruko.. Tumhe caterers ke paas jaana hai na.. Mujhe abhi yaad aaya mai bhi ussi side jaa rha tha.. Chalo tumhe le chalu!"he said shifting his gaze towards Navya who was already holding Aryaman's arm. Cabir walked over to Aryaman and Navya and pulled her towards him making her leave Aryaman's arm.
"yaar kitni chipku ho tum.. Jisse milti ho magnet ki tarah usse chipak jaati ho.."Cabir added,"chalo.. Ab shakal mat dekho meri!"Cabir exited while dragging Navya behind him.
Manik smiled as he watched them vanish behind the doors.
"if not mine.. Someone else's atleast.. Stories are meant to be complete.. Half written stories are incomplete and mine is incomplete without its end.. Its incomplete until it meets its end.. I'm incomplete until i meet you Nandini!"

"Cabir.. Kheech kyu rhe ho..hum chal toh rhe hai.."she said releasing her hand from his grip as they reached his car.
"mai kya karu madame.. Aapko. Kheech kar hi toh apne saath rakh paaya hun abhi tak.. Nhi toh aapka bas chale toh aap toh.."he taunted while opening the door to the passenger seat for her.
"nhi toh kya.."she looked at him.
"kuch nhi.. Baitho jaldi.. Time ni hai mere paas!"
"haan haan.. Humare liye time kyu hoga tumhare paas.. Cabir dhawan ke paas duniya bhar ke liye time hai.. Bas humare liye hi nhi.."she said looking away..
"dekho Madhubala. Yeh dialoguebaazi mere saath mat karo.. Maine nhi andar Aryaman ka haath pakda tha.. Vo tum thi.. 'Aryaman tum hamare saath chalo!' iska kya matlab samjhu?"he retorted as he mimicked her words.
"achha toh ab isme bhi humari galti.. Tumse toh kaha tha humare saath chalo par ni tumhe toh nhi jaana tha.."
"haan..toh Manik ke saath chali jaati.. Aryaman hi kyu?"he said as Navya looked at him. Her face turned pale.
"ab kya hua.. Jawab nhi hai tumhare paas.."he taunted.
"hai par.. V.. Vo.. Hum tumhe..tum.."she stuttered. She knew she had to choose her words before she blurted out that she had called Nandini amd Maddy to the engagement.
"tum vo kya?"he looked at her whike she turmed away.
"Navya? Kya?"he gradually came to understand that she was hiding something.
"kuch nhi.. Keh diya na.. Nahi jaa sakte the Manik ke saath toh bas nhi jaa sakte the.. Ab late ni ho rha.. Jaldi karo time ni hai humare paas!"she said and sat in the car as fast as she could.
Cabir was sure now that she had something that he needs to know before her ideas create any blunder!
"Navya.. You know.. You're hiding something amd you also know that I'm still waiting to hear.."he said as he sat in the car.
"hum.. Nhi.. Kuch ni hai!"she stammered with her words.
"Navya.."he gazed at her.
"humManikkesaathnhiaasaktethekyukihumNandinikocallkarnevaalethe!" she said it in a breath but it didn't take long for Cabir to understand.
"matlab aaj Nandini bhi invited hai.."Cabir exclaimed.
"toh yeh toh Manik ko oata hona chahiye.."he added,"mai abhi ysse batata hu.."Cabir took out his phone.
"nhi Cabir.. Hum nhi chahte ki Manik ko kuch bhi pta chale.. Usse pata chalega toh vo kuch alag kuch special karne ki koshish karega Nandini ke liye.. Hum nhi chahte ki vo kuch bhi naya kare.. Jo itne mahino usne apni Nandini ke liye kiya hai.. Hum chahte hain vo aaj bhi vhi kare.. Taaki Nandini ko usse koi shikayat hi naa ho iss baar.. Usne bhot seh liya..apni galti ki saza bhi bhugat li.. Par ab aur nhi.. Dono ek dusre ke bina apni zindagi sirf guzaar rhe hai.. Jee nhi rhe.. Hum chahte hai vo jeeye! Ek saath.. Ek dusre ke liye.. Manik ke saath saath humari Nandini ko bhi saza mil rhi hai.. Kis baat ke liye.. Uski toh h koi galti ni hai.. Oyaar hi toh kiya tha.. Uski itni badi saza.. Yeh toh galat hai na.. Isliye hum chahte hai ki Manik jaisa hai.. Jaisa ho gya hai.. Vo baise hi Nandini ke saamne aaye.. Taaki Nandini ko uski asli pehchaan dikhe.. Koi banavati Manik nhi jo Nandini ke aate hi apni saari responsibilities bhul ke usse manane mei lag jaaye.. Usse sab kuch balance karna aana hoga.. Apni beti ko sambhalna aana hoga aur saath hi aoni biwi ko manana bhi aana hoga.."Navya explained.
"you're right.. But you kniw what.. I don't think Nandini aayegi.. Because I'm sure.. Usse pata hoga ki Manik bhi yahan hoga.. Toh vo.."Navya interrupted him.
"vo aayegi.. Vo dhruv ke liye aayegi.. Vo yeh dekhne aayegi ki kya Manik aaj bhi vhi khada hai jaha vo usse chhodhkr gyi thi ya usne move on kar liya.. Vo aayegi.."she said dreamily while Cabir nodded.
"lets see! Hope for the best!"he said and they drove to the caterers.