☾ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

It's been a long day.  

"Irene unni! I'm home!" Dahyun shouted the moment she opened the door. She took off her sneakers and lined them in front of the door neatly before entering the house.

"How's school, honey?" Irene, her godmother, asked as Dahyun entered the living room.

"It was okay, I guess," she said, sighing softly, then froze. "Oh, I forgot that I was supposed to meet Jungkook today!" She shouted as she grabbed her small but cute backpack which was hanging on a vintage coat stand nearby the door and rushed out of the living room.

"Bye, unni!" She called out once again before leaving the house.

***

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook!" Dahyun shouted as she spotted him standing alone in front of the cafe where they always meet up at.

Jungkook, however, seemed to staring at something in a distance, lost in his own thoughts.

Dahyun, at this moment, who was panting from all the running, went up to him and snapped her fingers right in front of his face. Jungkook blinked. She could tell that Jungkook was snapped back to reality from the sudden snapping of her fingers.

"Why are you so late, Hyun?" Jungkook asked, playfully glaring at her.

Dahyun blushed. "I kinda forgot."

"Anyone could have guessed that," Jungkook said, snickering as he said that. It's true. Dahyun has the memory of a goldfish. Sometimes. It just got worse after the car accident she got involved in when she was seven years old. But that was an exact decade ago.

"Yah! Let's just go in and get it over with," Dahyun said as she pushed open the glass doors of the cafe. Somehow, she went in easily while Jungkook struggled a little to push open the door. She gave Jungkook a look then walked towards the counter.

"One hot latte, please," she said politely to the barista. "Make it two," Jungkook said, panting by the time he reached the counter. He casually leaned against the counter, which made Dahyun's heart flutter.

Who wouldn't?

This childhood friend of hers is just too handsome for anyone to take. Dahyun had actually been secretly crushing on him since a long time ago. However, Jungkook treats her like a childhood best friend, which is what they are, but nothing more. It's just so frustrating. 

"So what happened this time? You need help?" Dahyun asked. 

They are both seated at a table next to the window, where you could see a breathtaking scenery of the outside world. Actually, not really. 

"I have a history project on heirlooms," Jungkook started to speak.

Dahyun's hand unconsciously reached for her pendant and touched it.

"And?" Dahyun asked, even though she was quite certain of what Jungkook's going to ask.

"You're the only one I know who actually owns a real heirloom," Jungkook said, looking at her pendant. "So you're the one I'm going to get information from."

"Sure," Dahyun said. "But I don't think I know too much about the history of this pendant."

"It's okay," Jungkook told her, and took out a pen and a small notebook. "Do you know roughly how many generations this necklace had been passed down to?"

Dahyun thought for a moment. "Irene unni told me that this necklace had existed around 500 years ago," came her reply. "Although she said it could have been even longer, but she was not sure too. I once took this to an antique shop and was told that this necklace indeed is over half a millennium ago."

Jungkook was busy jotting down what Dahyun said. "Do you know how did this necklace came about?" He asked for his second question.

"Well," Dahyun paused to think for a moment. "My mother gave it to me. That's all I know." 

Jungkook nodded. "Do you think this necklace had any meaning to it?"

Dahyun leaned forward to show him a symbol that was carved onto the crystal necklace. It was a triangular sapphire pendant, with a symbol carved on it. However, Dahyun had never been able to make out what the symbol really looked like.

"I was told that this symbol represents 'power'," Dahyun said, looking at the necklace. "Which is reasonable because this once belonged to royal family members."

Jungkook wrote this last piece of information down. "Once?" He asked, because Dahyun emphasised on that word.

"By the time my mother had this necklace, my grandparents were not even rich. Irene unni told me that during one of the generations, this necklace was given to another family who wasn't a royal family because of some issues, and I think it got stolen at one point, so yeah, I'm no princess," Dahyun explained, laughing softly.

"I guess that's enough," Jungkook said with a huge sigh. Dahyun guessed he probably had been worrying about his project for days, because Jungkook has OCD, which makes him worried about things he has yet to do until he had completed them.

"So how was your day? Your literature teacher's still bugging you about the poem?" Jungkook asked. 

Dahyun took a long sip of her coffee. "Well, yeah. I don't even think my poem's that good. It's just about my life."

"Maybe she found your poem really interesting," Jungkook said, chuckling a little.

Dahyun finished her latte. "Maybe," she said.

***

"Have you guys ever heard of the deaths recently?" A girl from Dahyun's biology class, whom Dahyun calls the Gossip Queen, asked out of the blue.

"You mean the ones where people had wounds on their necks and died of blood loss?" Yeri, Dahyun's best friend asked, her face gone pale.

Dahyun just rolled her eyes. "There's no such thing as vampires, Yeri. Heck, we're in biology class right now," she said. Supernatural forces are a load of garbage for Dahyun.

"Who else would bite necks and suck blood out of them?" Gossip Queen rebutted, obviously up for a fight.

"How did you know that blood was sucked out of the victims? Do you have any evidence on that?" Dahyun retorted.

Before Gossip Queen could do a comeback, Mr Park, their biology teacher entered the class. Both Dahyun and Gossip Queen did a face to each other before joining the class in greeting Mr Park.

Yeri nudged Dahyun when they both had seated down. Dahyun turned to her and saw a sticky note on her desk.

You don't have to freak out on that topic. Everyone's just trying to prove they're right. Yeri wrote.

Dahyun grabbed Yeri's pencil and scribbled, I'm trying to prove that I'm right too.

Yeri read the note and sighed before crumpling the note into a paper ball and keeping it on the corner of the desk.

Dahyun shrugged and her mind soon drifted into her own world. Her gaze slowly shifted to a girl who was sitting by the windows. This girl gave Dahyun an unusual feeling. Weird vibes. However, this girl had never spoken before in class. No one had ever seen her laugh, not even a smile. What's more, she had always been wearing circle lenses in school, which is not allowed, but no matter after how many times of warning, she would still be wearing them. How mysterious.

Chou Tzuyu.

--------------------------------------------

aye its bubblelytz! <3 sooo...this is the first chappie of this story! /throws confetti/ i hoped you guys enjoyed this <3 please leave a comment or two? and if you liked this, maybe an upvote? /smacked for shameless advertising / alright, i'll go now~ bye~~<3