☾ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

"Here's a gift for you, Dahyun," Jungkook said as he handed her a flat rectangular box. 

Dahyun blinked. "For me?" She asked, staring at him.

Jungkook smiled. "Yeah, for...helping me so much."

It had been four days since the day Jungkook and Yeri met, leaving Dahyun out.

"Go on, open it and see what's in there," Jungkook spoke again, startling Dahyun a little.

Dahyun slowly opened the box and gasped, her eyes wide with fear. 

Inside the box, there laid a glistening necklace. A silver necklace.

"Uh, Jungkook, I can't just receive gifts from you like this," Dahyun hastily said, and put the cover back onto the box with shaky hands. "I didn't really help you much in anything, so...yeah."

Jungkook blinked and looked at her. "W-Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Dahyun stood up and gave a short laugh. "No, Jungkook. I...I just...You know what? Never mind. I'm sorry." She said and walked away from Jungkook, tears falling down from her eyes.

As she was walking down the street, she kept looking back to make sure that Jungkook wasn't following her. It was such a close call. If she had accidentally touched the necklace, she would have revealed her true self to Jungkook. And that wouldn't be good. 

Speaking of revelation, she had not even been able to tell Yeri yet. She was supposed to tell her when Yeri was at her home that night, but with Jungkook and everything, she lost the chance to. And now she was afraid to face Yeri, and she was sure that Yeri was just as afraid to see her. 

"You won't be able to escape again, this time!"

Dahyun looked up when she heard that voice. That voice was unfamiliar, but yet it had an uncanny feeling to it. 

"I won't be sacrificing for someone like you!" A girl's voice shouted, and things could be heard thrown around. 

Dahyun knew that those voices came from the alley. The alley again. Why must all the deepest and darkest things happen in dark alleys? 

She peeked to see what's happening in the alley by hiding herself around the corner of the building. To her surprise, she recognised the girl to be none other than Tzuyu, but she did not know who the guy was. 

"You don't get to choose!" The guy shouted, and pushed Tzuyu against the wall, so hard that the red brick wall actually cracked and blood was soon dripping from the corner of Tzuyu's mouth. He had his right hand wrapped around her neck, and he bared his fangs. 

Fangs! He was a vampire! 

Tzuyu then kicked his shin and he jumped back, howling. Dahyun continued to watch the intense fight, her fingers gripped onto the corner of the building tightly, so tightly that paint was chipping off the walls.

"I need a powerful vampire's blood like yours, Tzuyu!" The male vampire shouted again then tried to catch hold of Tzuyu's neck, and of course, Tzuyu couldn't escape from his grip. He was far too strong.

"Yah!" Dahyun shouted and found herself running towards both of them. She caught the guy's arm and managed to peel away from Tzuyu easily. She was shocked, and both Tzuyu and the guy had the exact same expression as her. When the three of them regained their composure, the guy started to attack Dahyun instead. Dahyun managed to slip away each time he was about to grab her. 

"Who are you?" The vampire shouted, after Dahyun kicked him and made him flew backwards. 

Dahyun just took a good look at him before grabbing Tzuyu's wrist and running off. 

***

"Irene unni!" Dahyun shouted as she kicked open her house door and dragged Tzuyu in. Not her first time doing that. Tzuyu was terribly wounded, with blood trickling down her head and also from her mouth. She was bruised all over, and she was losing consciousness. 

"My friend is injured!" Dahyun shouted again, and helped Tzuyu to lie down on the couch. Irene soon came running down the stairs to see who it was.

"Tzuyu!" Irene gasped when she saw Tzuyu lying on the couch.

"I-It's you!" Tzuyu stuttered, with a shocked expression on her face. Tears soon streamed down her cheeks. "I never had the chance to thank you."

Irene gave a soft smile. "It's okay." Irene took a long look at her. "You'll be alright, Tzuyu." And with that, Irene knelt down next to Tzuyu and rested a hand on Tzuyu's forehead. Irene closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Dahyun stared at her aunt with wide eyes, and took a glance at Tzuyu. To her surprise, Tzuyu's wounds were healing! So Irene was actually a healing mermaid! And she was the one who saved Tzuyu!

Within minutes, all of Tzuyu's wounds were completely gone. Irene opened her eyes. 

"There, you're completely fine now," she said with a smile.

"Irene unni- You're-" Dahyun stuttered. She was too shocked for words. Her hands reached for her neck. "The wound on my neck that day-"

"I healed it," Irene said, and laughed. "Aigoo, Dahyun-ah. I could have kept this secret from you forever but after I realised that you were back into the supernatural world I decided that it's time for you to know."

Dahyun blinked. "Back?" 

Irene's face suddenly went blank. "Oh, you used to know that I was mermaid, until you got involved in that car accident."

"The one in which my parents were killed?" Dahyun asked in a shaky voice.

Irene nodded, and placed a hand on Dahyun's shoulder. "You're a strong girl. You know that."

Dahyun looked down at her necklace. "At least my mother left something for me." She touched the necklace.

"The Sapphire of-" Tzuyu began to say but Irene clapped a hand over her mouth.

"I don't want Dahyun to know too much about the supernatural world. I just want her to be an ordinary student. And that's not the necklace Jongin is after," Irene said, giving Tzuyu a look.

Jongin...The name repeated itself over and over in Dahyun's mind.

"Was the guy who attacked you just now Jongin?" Dahyun asked, staring at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu nodded. "You could see how powerful he was. But I was surprised that you managed to kick him so hard!" She exclaimed, and held Dahyun's hands. "That was unbelievable! I believe that you're absolutely safe now, Dahyun. If you could protect yourself from Jongin, you'll have no problems with Mijoo."

"I totally forgot that there was another powerful creature after all that fighting with Jongin," Dahyun muttered. "How does she look like?" She asked.

Tzuyu took a deep breath. "Just like you and me. But she could shapeshift into a large snake, so be careful."

--------------------------------------------

aye its bubblelytz! <3 sooooo chapter eight's here! how's the story going? i hope it's okay tho- T.T alright if you liked please leave a comment or two or maybe a vote? XD alright i'll get going~ bye~~~~~<3