Chapter Twenty-five

I throw my head back and laugh as Vincent pushes my brother into the pool.

Luke pulls himself out of the pool and runs after Vincent, tackling him in the grass.

"Boys, burgers are ready."

Luke laughs and rolls off of Vincent. I stand up and waddle over to my dad who is finally done grilling our food. I place my hand on my baby bump thats gotten relatively bigger.

I feel hands on my waist as I put a hamburger bun on my plate.

The hands slide discreetly to the top of my bathing suit bottoms and are just about to slip inside when I elbow Vincent in the stomach.

He laughs and backs off a little, grabbing his plate. I smirk at him quickly and he winks before my mom comes over.

"Eat up Taylor." She smiles.

I finish putting fruit on my plate and then look around at how perfect everything is.

Beep beep beep beep

I open my eyes and take in the settings around me, shutting my alarm clock off. The bedroom is empty. There's no one next to me, and the baby is kicking wildly.

I sit up and then the bathroom door opens.

"Hey babe." Vincent says. He's got the look I've always loved about him. Overgrown hair, hasn't shaved, plain t-shirt and basketball shorts. He comes over and sits next to me, placing a hand on my thigh. "Moving day." He smiles, kissing me on the neck. "I'd much rather just stay in bed with you all day." He says against my skin as he kisses from my shoulder up to my ear. He nibbles at my ear and I pull his lips to mine, unable to resist any longer.

He laughs and places his hand on my waist. We lay down, Vincent hovers over me, placing all his weight on his arms. Then the baby starts kicking again.

My stomach growls and Vincent stops kissing me.

He smiles and sits up.

"Only a couple more months." I laugh.

"Yeah, then he'll cry when he's hungry."

"It'll be worth it, baby." I say, also now sitting up.

"I just miss you." He says, pursing his lips with a crease between his eyebrows as he brushes a hair out of my eyes.

"I know." I kiss him and then stand up, grabbing the maternity jeans and t-shirt I had in the backpack I had packed with everything I needed for the morning.

"Is everything alright?" Vincent asks, following me into the bathroom.

I nod, pulling out my hairbrush and brushing through my thin, long hair. "Yeah. The dream I had just threw me off bit." I laugh.

"Oh, is that it?"

I nod again.

"Okay. Well as long as nothing's wrong. I'll leave you to it."

"Vince, I'm not going to cut if thats what you think."

"It isn't." He says, closing the door.

I take a shower with the little hot water we have left and get dressed.

Walking into the kitchen I smell French toast.

"Mmm, did you cook?" My baby kicks wildly within me. "We're both pretty hungry." I laugh.

Vincent sets down a plate of French toast and a glass of apple juice in front of me.

"Eat up. The moving truck will be here shortly." He sits across from me with his own plate and we eat in silence.