Chapter Nineteen

I turn in my résumé at the front counter of the restaurant and take a seat at the bar. I don't bother looking in the mirror above, I know I look like shit. Colton's made sure I look like a dead girl.

I'm skinny now. My thighs don't touch and my ribs stick out farther than they should, probably. My arms and legs are nothing but bone. I have little fat, my pants constantly sag since I've lost my butt and my shirt feels too loose, but I like it.

The lady looks at me in disgust, or maybe envy. She motions for me to come behind the counter so I do as I'm told.

"We're short on hands, and you're the only one thats applied. Just start waiting on tables and I'll inform the boss we've filled the spot." The girl is a little older than me I assume, but she has curves, not bones. Her eyes are blue and her hair is black. She's dressed in plain black pants and a black t-shirt with an apron tied around her waist. She sways her hips as she walks.

I grab an apron and tie it around my waist just like the other girl and start wiping down the counter.

A young man walks in through the front door and the hostess greets him.

His face is familiar. I don't need to stare for too long to know who it is.

Vincent.

The hostess seats him and then proceeds my way.

"Hey," She says with a bright smile. She looks about seventeen.

I smile and nod.

"I'm Cleo. You're new, right?" Cleo's hair is sandy brown and she has golden brown eyes. Freckles cover her face but her amazing smile distracts you from all the flaws. Shes dressed a bit nicer than the other waitress, shes wearing a white blouse and a light brown cardigan that reaches past her hips. It matches her hair. Her pants are black as well as her flats. Shes rather thin, but I know I'm skinnier.

"Yeah, I'm Taylor." We shake hands and then she gestures to Vincent.

"Your first customer is here." She winks and walks away.

I take a deep breath and take out the black receipt book in the pocket of my apron.

As I walk towards him he runs his hands through his hair and glances around anxiously.

"Hi," I say cheerfully.

Vincent jumps and stares up at me in amusement.

"You work here?"

I nod and grab for a pen in my apron.

"Can I get your drink?"

He smiles and looks down at the menu. "I'll take a diet coke."

I scribble it down and start to turn when he grabs the belt loop on my jeans.

I slap his hand away as I turn around. "We ended it, Vince. Stop."

"Correction, you assumed we ended it and then you left. I called you asking to get back-"

"Just stop." I put a hand up and then briskly turn and walk towards the kitchen. I place the order and lean against the wall, closing my eyes.

"Tired already?" The voice comes from a middle aged women. She has red hair and her eyes are grey. She smiles slightly showing the age definition in her face. The wrinkles by her eyes deepen and I know she must laugh a lot.

I smile and shake my head.

"I'm Danny, your boss. Haley informed me you're working here now."

I run a hand through my hair and throw it up into a professional looking ponytail.