Chapter Twenty-two

I place my hands on the bump of my stomach and sigh. Of relief or annoyance, I don't know.

My moms voice echoes through my head through the receiver of my phone.

"Taylor I'm expecting to see this baby at least once. A month."

I squeeze the bridge of my nose and look off the balcony of the apartment.

"Yes, mother."

I hear a mans voice, my brothers I'm guessing, and then my mom tells me she has to go. We say good bye and hang up.

Walking back inside, Vincent walks in through the door.

"How was work?" I ask, giving him a kiss.

He chuckles and bends down to talk to the baby. He's quite fond of him.

"I missed you both."

Vincent grabs a beer and sits down at the table. "Whats for dinner tonight?"

I shrug. "We could probably go out."

"Taylor, we don't really have the money."

"Right, sorry."

The room fills with silence, and for once, it's rather awkward.

"So my mom called."

"Really? What'd she want?" Vincent asks with zero enthusiasm.

"She expects to see this baby." I imitate her voice "Once a month."

Vincent laughs and downs the rest of his beer. "She isn't coming anywhere near this baby." His hands are around my waist now. "Not while I'm around."

I turn around and face him. "I know you don't like her, but this is her grandchild."

"It's not that I don't like her-"

I laugh, brushing his overgrown hair out of his eyes.

"I don't! It's just she doesn't like me, and she treats you like you're less than zero."

"Shes just angry. She expected Elaine to be the first pregnant, and before that, married. Shes really religious. She wants me to do it 'right.'" I explain.

Vincent kisses me on the cheek and starts walking down the hallway with his hand in his hair.

**Vincent's POV**

I splash some water on my face and change into some basketball shorts and that t-shirt I know Taylor loves before going and joining her on the bed for our movie night.

She bites her lip as I walk out, and I know I've got her hooked.

"What?" I laugh, knowingly.

I lay down next to her and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"So what're we watching?"

"Not sure, how about a horror movie?"

I cringe, but I know she would love it if we watched one, so I agree.

She pops in Insidious and comes and lies down with me again.

I kiss the top of her head and sit there for a moment. She always smells so nice.

I place my right hand on her stomach, our baby, and just rest there.

The movie starts and I snap my eyes to the screen.

About halfway through the movie, Taylor has to pee.

While she's in there, he phone rings, so I answer it.