Chapter Twelve

12.

"Okay, Taylor. You're finally ready to be released. For real this time." My doctor laughs. Vincent squeezes my hand and I look at him with a big smile.

"I can leave? I'm better?"

"Yep, collect you're things and then go home." He picks up a clipboard at the foot of my bed, makes a few marks, and puts it back.

A nurse comes in, detaches all the machines and gives me a smile.

When she leaves Vincent lets go of my hand and sits back in the chair. I throw the blanket off me and go to stand. I haven't moved from this bed except to pee. My feet touch the floor and a shiver racks my spine.

I hear Vincent laugh at me and I stand up fully. He stands up to meet me and I get pulled into his embrace.

"I should get dressed." I laugh, pulling away.

I walk right past Colton's bag, but its harder than it seems. I bend down and unzip my back pack and pull out some jeans and a Falling In Reverse t-shirt.

I suddenly get a chill as I turn my head and see Vincent staring at my ass.

My face goes red as I remember all I'm wearing is underwear and this stupid hospital gown. I stand up and turn around.

"You're such a guy." I laugh. He bursts out laughing and sits down in his chair, putting a hand over his mouth as if to say "can't help it"

I walk to the bathroom with my bottom faced away from my pervy boyfriend. When I'm inside I lean on the sink and look in the mirror.

I'm a mess. No makeup, my hair is in the same bun it was two weeks ago. How could Vincent stand to see me?

I get dressed, brush my hair and my teeth. I look in the mirror again. I go back out to find Vincent shirtless. He's going through a bag of his. He pulls out a shirt and a pair of jeans. He pulls the shirt over his head and then starts taking off his basketball shorts.

Further... further.

Oh god.

"Wait!"

He turns around and yanks them back up. "Sorry didn't know you were standing there."

I laugh and walk over to my bag.

"How much did you see?" He chuckles.

I hide my smile, "I just walked out." I grab my makeup bag and walk back into the bathroom.

"I'll tell you when I'm done this time." He laughs, obviously still embarrassed. Of what? He's hot.

I put on my eyeliner, it's been forever.

I straighten my hair, it's been even longer.

"I'm done now." I hear Vincent yell through the door.

I finish straightening my hair and pack up my things.

I walk out of the bathroom to an empty hospital room.

"Vince?" I say loudly. "Vincent? Are you in here."

I reach my bag and unzip it.

A hand wraps around my waist. I scream. And then Vincent's laugh echoes in my ear. I turn around to face him.

"Dammit! You scared the living hell out of me!!!" I shout smacking his chest. He pulls back laughing his ass off. It really wasn't that funny, but okay.

I continue putting my stuff in my bags and then zip them again. I pull my back pack over my shoulder and grab my suitcase.

As I turn around, Vincent grabs his bag and opens the door for me. I walk out and follow Vincent to his car. He takes me back to his apartment.