Chapter Ten

I didn't know such a misery could come over one at such an early time in the morning. I turn to my head to the alarm clock. It's only eight in the morning.

I throw the blankets off me and my eyes widen. My sweatpants are dotted in blood. I knew I shouldn't of cut as deep as I did. I get up and bandage them with a ton of bandaids I bought yesterday. I pull out Vincent's card he gave me yesterday and wonder if I should call him. We're supposed to check out apartments.

I lay back down on the bed and run my hands through my hair which is quite knotted.

I don't know what to do.

I'm lost. I'm alone. I feel dead.

Mentally I am dead.

Physically, I'm fooling all you bastards with my smile.

I really don't want to call Vincent. I think I'd do just fine on the run. I still have Colton's uncles house. I just need a car. I definitely don't have enough money for that.

After about twenty minutes of debating if I should get up or just lay here and die, I get in the shower. I'm deciding to go and get a new phone or at least any iPod and contact my mom. Or maybe Elaine.

I don't know yet, they're both going to be pissed.

I pack up my things and head down to the front desk.

"Good morning. How may I help you?" The receptionist asks.

"Just checking out." I smile.

The old lady checks me out and I turn in my key.

I check my bag one last time even though it'd be too late to collect anything. I walk out the door with my nose basically in my bag only to run into someone.

"For fucks sake, watch where you're going." I snap, looking up.

It's Vincent.

"Well, top of the morning to you. Guessing you've had a bad start?" He laughs.

"No. Just bitchy, as usual."

"I don't think you're bitchy." Vincent smiles.

"Right. Well I have to get going. I decided not to stay here. I'm actually going to call my mom and see what we can do about going home. Thanks for being so nice." I hold out my hand to shake his.

He just looks at me.

"Taylor I really think you should stay." Vincent's face is serious now, but not mean.

"I can't... I have family I need to see. And I've lied to you. About a lot. And unfortunately, I can't stay around."

"W-what? What have you been lying about?" He asks, looking hurt.

"I was a patient. At the hospital. I was in a car crash. Got badly hurt. My best friend was killed... well, not because of the accident I guess."

Vincent's mouth forms an "O" like he's just now understanding, "Taylor they were supposed to let you out a week ago. I know exactly the crash you're talking about. They only kept you in because of your mental stability. You didn't really run away. You could come to work with me and get your things if you'd like."

"Vincent I have to go home."

He purses his lips and a crease forms in between his eyebrows.

I start to feel dizzy as he stands there, staring at me. My knees start to buckle.

"Taylor are you alright?" He asks.

A stabbing pain goes through my ribs and it feels like my whole rib cage has just shattered.

"Ouch! Damn! My ribs. They feel like they're shattering like glass!" I yelp. My knees give way and I find myself being dragged to Vincent's car.

"We have to go to the hospital. I think I might be wrong about your release date. Did you get a surgery done to rehabilitate your ribs?"

I can't bring myself to answer, knowing that the answer is no. Or maybe it's just because my ribs are restricting me to do much of anything.