vingt

Waking to the sound of talking and clattering from downstairs, it took her a while to actually drag herself from her bed. She wanted to remain hidden in her be for a long time, school was finished and she had little to do for the rest of the summer other than this one thing.

It would do her little good to begin getting ready when Alice would be rushing in to help her get ready for graduation. The vampire would be jumping between her and Bella ridiculously to ensure that they both looked as good as they possibly could.

Andy stood from her bed, letting a yawn a groan slip threw her lips as she stretched widely with her arms above her head. It was early for her and she wished to crawl right back into bed. She could hear rattling from Bella's room, things being thrown around the room and she found herself going to see her sister.

"I have nothing to wear!" Bella exclaimed, tossing more things behind her haphazardly. She leaned in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest with a laugh playing at her lips. She found it hilarious- how Bella seemed to be having such difficulties.

"You're not going to find anything to wear in this mess," Andy remarked, a laugh tumbling from her as Bella shot her an incredulous look.

The elder sister gestured at what the younger was wearing, motioning to her knit sweater and bare legs.

"Like you're any better? We're gonna be late," Bella growled. "If it weren't for those stupid, thieving, annoying vampires then I would know what to wear!"

"What did I do?" Alice demanded.

She stood next to the open window as though she had been there the whole time.

"Knock, knock," she added casually.

Andy laughed, tipping her head to the side with a grin. "Do you ever use the door? You are allowed to be here- unlike a certain someone," she mumbled the second part under her breath.

Growling, Bella through the top she held in her hands at her sister hitting her in the face. It only caused her to laugh louder and she jumped at her sister playfully tackling her onto the bed.

Alice tolled her eyes, tossing two separate packages at the pair before returning to stand next to the window- unable to mask the grimace on her face from Andy as the vampire regarded the room.

Sitting up, she pushed her tangled hair away from her face and pulled the package into her lap. Lifting the white lid to the box, Andy squealed in excitement at the dress inside. Red was all she could see and despite her disdain for the colour, it was perfect.

Shouting a hasty thank you toward Alice, the young girl slipped from the room and dipped into her own. She tugged her sweater over her head and tugged on a bra before dressing for her graduation. It contrasted against her pale skin, showing off every bruise and cut that decorated her body easily. She pulled on a pair of stocking with a grumble.

Fishing through her closet for a pair of appropriate shoes, it struck her in the chest abruptly. Her breathing grew ragged and her eyes darted around the room in paranoia. The fear was sudden mixed with the prickle of realisation struck at her head.

Pushing herself up on shaky legs, Andy stumbled towards Bella's room causing eyes to fall on her as she fell into the room. The scene was surreal, Alice standing still with her hands covering her mouth, Bella paler than before.

A spasm of relief knocked away the nausea that clawed at her, only to be replaced with even more dread.

"Well," Bella whispered. "Everyone can relax. They're not after the Cullen's after all."