onze

She glared at the border, refusing to cross. Anger filled her, supressing the anxiety and fear that she was feeling at the thought of being around the wolves. She was not a fan of the boy's club, she wasn't a fan of having to rely of them to protect her.

"Just go, it won't be nearly as bad as you think," Alice urge gently.

"How would you know," she grumbled lowly. "You won't be able to see me. Things could be just like last time."

Taking quick steps backward, she found herself stumbling until she reached the hood of Edward's volvo. She watched as Bella greeted Jacob with a bright smile and open arms, she had to resist a groan that fought its way up at the sight. Bella was -whether it was intentional or not- playing with both of their feelings. Judging by the emotions that Edward was giving off, he didn't like what was happening either.

"What's he thinking?" she piped up.

The vampires looked in her direction and shared a look before he answered, "It's not appropriate for you."

Andy snorted, "That's just great. Real great. You want me to go with him? I don't think so."

"Be reasonable Andy. Just go for a couple of hours," Alice tried to convince her. "You can see Lynn, you're talking to her right?"

"I am being reasonable. I don't need babysitting," the girl argued.

Clenching her fist when Jacob looked in her direction, she tried to will the fear that froze her spine away. The wolves scared her, the Quileute pack scared her. It was fear of the inevitable pain that the reservation would mean. The creatures were dangerous, time bombs that need only be slightly angry before bursting into their inner beast.

Andy was scared of the pain she would feel if she remained around them.

"Please don't make me go, Allie," she pleaded desperately. "I don't feel comfortable around them, I don't feel safe near them. I'm not ready to see them."

Alice took hold of the girl's hand gently and tugged her into a cold hug. She brushed the human's hair and mumbled reassuring words. "Think of it as a possibility to see Quil, you know he'd never hurt you. Lynn will be there too, and Bella."

"And Mr. Darcy," Edward added.

She shook her head, trying to keep tears away. "He's just like them, he just needs to be a little bit angry to hurt me and Lynn says he's hostile."

"You'll be the first to know when he's angry," Edward reminded her.

"Maybe, but then I'd be the first to feel him shift."

Sighing, Alice lifted Andy's chin. "How about this. How about you call me if any one shifts and I'll come straight away to get you, treaty be damned."

Contemplating it for a moment, she finally agreed and made her way to the back of Edward's car. Opening the back door, she pulled out her crutches and took hold of Mr. Darcy's leash. She couldn't resist the smile that lit her face as she faced her kitten wearing a designer collar and fancy leash curtesy of Rose. The blonde vampire had gifted it to her for her birthday and Andy had gratefully accepted knowing how handsome her little baby would be wearing it.

Darcy hopped to the floor and stretched out some before beginning to tug Andy towards the border at a steady pace. Together, they bid their farewells to Alice and promised to keep in touch before stepping across the invisible.

It was almost instant the panic that washed over her. Though they were only a few feet apart, Andy knew that she would be completely alone in a crisis. Bella may be brave and protective of her, but Andy would always place herself before Bells in the face of danger.