Deux

She felt blue. She felt like the ocean when it kissed it's love only to be pulled back, having to start over. She felt blue like the blue sky when cloud over took its wide expanse, blocking the vibrant colour from shinning through.

Blue was the pain of hearing his voice repeat in her head, a record playing the same song, but not caving in and calling him.

She wanted to hear his voice, even I it was just his voicemail because being away from began to physically hurt.

Alice had tried to explain it, tried to tell fill in the missing pieces but even the psychic vampire didn't understand everything.

Her body was filled with an ache, and Andy believed it was punishment for the times that she was emotionally unavailable. Times like now.

The school hallways were full. Bodies bumped into each other but not once did anyone touch her, not once did anyone glance her way as she stumbled by them. She was invisible among them, despite all that she did to help them live with as little pain as possible.

She thought it wonderful because she didn't want to be noticed by so many people.

Each step was precise as she made her way out the school and towards the parking lot. Alice and Jasper should be back from their little hunting trip. She wouldn't mind settling for Emmett and Rose either, but the pair no longer attended the school. Any one of the Cullen's made her feel safe and protected.

Because Andy didn't feel safe anymore, not when there were freakish wolves and a sadistic redhead vampire running around. Andy knew that she was an easy target, even if Bella swore that the Quileute pack was harmless.

Nothing was ever harmless, she knew that lesson well enough. Sometimes, she just wished things were simpler because life wasn't meant to get this complicated.

The parking lot had a large expanse of students, most of which were simply leaning against their vehicles talking or eating. None of them realized the dangers that hung around every corner. She envied them.

Alice and Jasper stepped out of one of their more non-conspicuous cars; a car that was still faster, nicer and in better condition that every car in the lot. They glided to her side in a matter of seconds; fast for a human but still too slow to raise any suspicion.

"You're brooding," Jasper greets her.

"You're late." Andy spun on her heels and walked back into the school, the vampires keeping easy pace with her.

"We are exactly on time," Alice chides lightly.

"You aren't; you were doing it on purpose so I would speak to Bella," the girl argued. "But I am not going to speak to her until she explains why she kept the fact that the people I considered my friends turned into giant dogs."

"I'm sure she had a reason," Alice tried to reason.

Andy huffed in agitation and walked into the cafeteria. Picking her way across the room, she grabbed a tray and threw random items on it before paying.

"Those people were trying to use me for something. They know what I am, my guess is that I'm in one of their stupid legends," she whispered quietly. "Another guess -mind you, all of my guesses are educated assumptions- they want me to help them with their transformation or some other stupid thing like that."

Alice went to reply but stopped when she saw how serious Jasper looked. "How do you figure?"

Andy shrugged and continued for her usual table; Bella's new usual. For the months that the Cullen's were gone, Andy befriended her sister's old friends. They weren't the smartest bunch, but they were relatively good people. The youngest Swan enjoyed the company of both Jessica and Angela, the two were incredibly smart. Jessica was a brilliant girl, easy to hold a normal conversation with when she wasn't gossiping.