Stolen kisses, pretty lies

So as you guessed the title is a lyric from Taylor Swift's song blank space.

I love that song!

So go check it out and let's get on with the story!

Third person p.o.v

Jason looked at the book and raised his hand," I'll read, let's get this over with seeing as it should be the last chapter,"

He took the book and began to read,

The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.

Up until then I was having a great afternoon. Technically I wasn't supposed to be driving because I wouldn't turn sixteen for another week, but my mom and my stepdad, Paul, took my friend Rachel and me to this private stretch of beach on the south shore, and Paul let us borrow his Prius for a short spin.

Leo's eyes widened, "Awesome!, but I don't understand what this has to do with explosives."

Percy didn't answer because he was staring, terrified at Annabeth because of what happened that day, Athena noticed this and was getting suspicious,

Now, I know what you're thinking, wow that was really irresponsible of him, blah, blah, blah, but Paul knows me pretty well. He's seen me slice up demons and leap out of exploding school buildings, so he probably figured taking a car a few hundred yards wasn't exactly the most dangerous thing I'd ever done.

"This is so true." stated Annabeth, shooting a grin at Percy, which he responded giving her a grin that he only uses for her.

Anyway Rachel and I were driving along. It was a hot August day. Rachel's red hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she wore a white blouse over her swimsuit. I'd never seen her in anything but ratty T-shirts and paint-splattered jeans before, and she looked like a million drachmas.

Percy dove behind Piper as Annabeth glared at him."please don't go there," annabeth said guessing what would happen.

"Oh pull up right there!" she told me.

We parked on a ridge overlooking the Atlantic. The sea is always one of my favorite places, but today it was especially nice-glittery green and smooth as glass, as though my dad was keeping it calm just for us.

My dad, by the way, is Poseidon. He can do stuff like that.

"No shit sherlock." Thalia said, her voice full of sarcasm.

"So." Rachel smiled at me. "About that invitation."

"Oh...right." I tried to sound excited. I mean, she'd asked me to her family's vacation house on St. Thomas for three days. I didn't get a lot of offers like that. My family's idea of a fancy vacation was a weekend in a rundown cabin on Long Island with some movie rentals and a couple of frozen pizzas, and here Rachel's folks were willing to let me tag along to the Caribbean.

"Let me guess Perc, you turned it down." Jason smirked.

Besides I seriously needed a vacation. This summer had been the hardest of my life. The idea of taking a break even for a few days was really tempting.

Still, something big was supposed to go down any day now. I was "on call" for a mission. Even worse, next week was my birthday. There was this prophecy that said when I turned sixteen, bad things would happen.

"Bad things is an understatement." muttered Percy

"Percy," she said "I know the timing is bad. But it's always a bad time for you, right?"