where his loyalties lie

Ah, young love. So many arguments and so much violence.

"Yeah, you guys do fight all the time," Nico said. "Almost as bad as Percy and Thalia!"

"Shut up Death Breath," the son of Poseidon and the daughter of Zeus said in unison. Nico held his hands up in surrender, and Zeus and Poseidon glared at each other, remembering old arguments. The ever peaceful Hestia took that as a clue to read again.

"So far so good," I told Annabeth. "Ten miles and not a single monster."

"This is on our way west to find the Lightning Bolt," Percy explained quickly.

She gave me an irritated look. "It's bad luck to talk that way, Seaweed Brain."

"Remind me again-why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you."

"Could've fooled me."

"No, you loooove him," Aphrodite said dreamily. The mentioned couple blushed.

She folded her cap of invisibility. "Look … we're just not supposed to get along, okay? Our parents are rivals."

Cue glares from Athena and Poseidon.

"Why?"

She sighed. "How many reasons do you want? One time my mom caught Poseidon with his girlfriend in Athena's temple, which is hugely disrespectful. Another time, Athena and Poseidon competed to be the patron god for the city of Athens. Your dad created some stupid saltwater spring for his gift. My mom created the olive tree. The people saw that her gift was better, so they named the city after her."

" I personally like the salt spring," Percy said, but when Athena turned her gaze on him, he backtracked. "But olives are delicious!" Annabeth kissed and told him to shut is big mouth.

"They must really like olives."

"Oh, forget it."

"Now, if she'd invented pizza-that I could understand."

Everyone laughed. "Dude," Jason snorted," No wonder every major god has wanted to kill you at some point."

"Don't forget some of the minor gods too!" Thalia pointed out.

"I said, forget it!"

In the front seat, Argus smiled. He didn't say anything, but one blue eye on the back of his neck winked at me.

Traffic slowed us down in Queens. By the time we got into Manhattan it was sunset and starting to rain.

Argus dropped us at the Greyhound Station on the Upper East Side, not far from my mom and Gabe's apartment.

Hestia looked up. "There is another note from Aphrodite,"

There is boring, sad depressing talks that happen in between this, but no Percabeth! So I skipped those parts.

Aphrodite squealed. "I am honestly so impressed with my self," Nobody was sure whether to laugh or groan.

Finally the bus came. As we stood in line to board, Grover started looking around, sniffing the air like he smelled his favorite school cafeteria delicacy-enchiladas.

"Enchiladas are the best," Grover sighed. "Does anyone have some?" The gods looked at him in confusion, but the demigods smiled.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said tensely. "Maybe it's nothing."

But I could tell it wasn't nothing. I started looking over my shoulder, too.