Looking after you

*last time on 'watching Percabeth'*

"I will read next!" She declared, causing everyone to sit back down, the demigods on the couch and the gods on their thrones...

. "Oh look, a note from myself! I am so pleased about how this turned out!" She squealed.

This is after the end of Percabeth's quest, Luke's scorpion had just bitten Percy. Aw look, Annabeth is caring for him again!

Percy mumbled under his breath something along the lines of "No good…Water no help…Freaking hurt like Tartarus…." Annabeth smiled and laced her hand in his. Grover looked indignant and stared at Aphrodite.

"Percabeth's quest? I was there too!" The love goddess waved a hand dismissively, and started to read. Grover grunted, and Leo looked at him sympathetically. He knew what it was like to be a third wheel.

I woke with a drinking straw in my mouth. I was sipping something that tasted like liquid chocolate-chip cookies. Nectar.

"Best stuff in the world!" Jason and Percy said at the same time.

I opened my eyes.

I was propped up in bed in the sickroom of the Big House, my right hand bandaged like a club. Argus stood guard in the corner. Annabeth sat next to me, holding my nectar glass and dabbing a washcloth on my forehead.

"Here we are again," I said.

"You idiot," Annabeth said, which is how I knew she was overjoyed to see me conscious.

"Yeah, nice way of showing it," Nico scoffed. Annabeth responded by kissing Percy deeply. Thalia, Artemis, and Athena all gagged, while Aphrodite snapped her fingers at them.

"Shhhhhhhhh," She hissed loudly. "You're ruining the moment!" At this, the couple broke apart, blushing lightly. Aphrodite sighed and shook her head at the three girls.

"You were green and turning gray when we found you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing …"

"And here is where the anger comes in," Percy smiled. "That's when I know I've screwed up."

"Now, now," Chiron's voice said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit."

He was sitting near the foot of my bed in human form, which was why I hadn't noticed him yet. His lower half was magically compacted into the wheelchair, his upper half dressed in a coat and tie. He smiled, but his face looked weary and pale, the way it did when he'd been up all night grading Latin papers.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved."

Hermes started to speak, but Aphrodite cut him off. "Let's keep reading!"

Percy rolled his eyes at Annabeth and whispered "The sooner the better." She nodded in return.

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened."

Between sips of nectar, I told them the story.

The room was quiet for a long time.

"I can't believe that Luke …" Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad. "Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him…. He was never the same after his quest."

"Were you seriously in denial about Luke for a while?" Jason asked curiously. Piper smacked his arm.

"I thought I loved him for a long time, but I just loved him as a brother. Percy is the only one for me." Annabeth replied strongly, gazing with her steel cold eyes at Jason. He raised his hands in surrender, and she laughed, curling closer to Percy. Frank, Hazel, and Leo watched in amazement, but the other demigods knew how much Percy meant to the daughter of Athena. Athena mentally approved of her daughters dedication.