Percy has a chat with Athena

Apollo took the book from Aphrodite and flipped his sunglasses up onto his head. Clearing his throat a few times (very theatrically), he read the authors note.

A new lieutenant is found…

Thalia widened her eyes. "Damn, I thought I wasn't in this!"

Hera muttered something that sounded suspiciously like "Watch your language," and Thalia sent her a famous glare.

"Admittedly, you don't actually play a big part," Percy said sheepishly. Thalia looked rather hurt at his words, causing everyone to laugh.

"Annabeth is right," Artemis said.

"I know," the aforementioned girl said cheerfully. Percy slugged her on the shoulder and rolled his eyes. (It was normally her doing that to him)

"Which is why I must first make a reward. My faithful companion, Zoe Nightshade, has passed into the stars."

Everyone bowed their head in memory of the brave Hunter, an unusually solemn moment.

"I must have a new lieutenant. But first, Father Zeus, I must speak to you privately."

Zeus beckoned Artemis forward. He leaned down and listened as she spoke in his ear.

A feeling of panic seized me. "Annabeth," I said under my breath. "Don't."

"OH!" Thalia exclaimed. "That's why you were freaking out?" The couple both nodded in unison. Nico and Leo both looked just plain confused.

She frowned at me. "What?"
"Look, I need to tell you something," I continued. The words came stumbling out of me. "I couldn't stand it if...I don't want you to-"

Nico and Leo both laughed as they finally got the meaning. Ares sneered at Percy. "That scared over loosing a girl, punk?" Aphrodite's gasp caused everyone to jump.

"How dare you! I think it's romantic." she sighed dreamily. No one wanted to comment unless they set her off again.

"No," I murmured.

"Thalia," Artemis said. "Daughter of Zeus. Will you join the Hunt?"

Stunned silence filled the room. I stared at Thalia, unable to believe what I was hearing. Annabeth smiled.

"IF she had called me, I probably would have joined." Annabeth admitted. Both her mother and the goddess of the hunt stared at her in suprise. Percy looked crestfallen.

"But what about me?" he asked with his puppy dog eyes.

"Eh," Annabeth answered teasingly, causing the room to erupt in giggles.

"Ha ha, very funny Wise Girl," Percy said sarcastically as he smiled another one of his goofy smiles and cuddled even closer to her.

Apollo made a comment before he read the next piece. "This is another author's note,"

An encounter with the owl and a dance…

"I'm actually really proud of how thats phrased," Aphrodite interjected. For once, everyone kind of agreed with her. (Kind of)

I was about to keep searching the crowd when another voice spoke. "Your father takes a great risk, you know."

"Is that you criticizing me, Owl-Butt?" Poseidon asked, causing some snorts from demigods and gods alike at the nickname.

"Owl-Butt?" Percy just shook his head. "Lame, Dad."

"For once, I agree with your son," Athena said. Everyone was amazed. These moments were causing everyone to go bonkers.