}23{

Penelope
I was almost home once I finally heard shawns message to call him so instead, I surprised him at the door. "Come in, I have something really important to tell you!" He beamed. "First, How was your interview?" He sat down, but could not keep still. "No, your news first!" I avoided answering the question. "Alright, Well, You know how much love my covers have been getting right?" I nodded. "I checked my email this morning and look!" He shoved his phone into my hand. On it was an email from island records, asking to meet with him. My heart filled with excitement. "Oh Shawn, this is amazing!" I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck, and he spun me around the room. He looked so happy. How could I tell him about josh now? "So," he rubbed his hands in anticipation. "Tell me about this interview." I waved my hand. "Not much to tell. Just the usual, 'why should we accept you?' Type of stuff." I drummed my fingers on my knees. It felt like he was seeing right through me. "Really? Nothing happened at all?" He questioned. He knew me too well. "Maybe, I ran into so-" at that moment the front door burst open.

"Surprise!" Yelled Brian and Ian as Shawn went to greet them. "We're taking you out to celebrate." "Awesome!" Shawn laughed. "You could come too, Penelope." Brian offered. "No thanks, I'm tired anyway. You boys have fun." I brushed them off as they bounded out the door like puppy dogs. My heart sank inside, it felt like my stomach had a rock in it. I wasn't fully honest with him. Another thought hit me. If Shawn signed, we couldn't go to university together like we wanted to.

My whole life started changing that day.