}19{

Penelope
As soon as I got home, I FaceTimed Hadley. My mom was at work, and my dad was out of town, so I couldn't tell either of them yet. She picked up almost immediately. She was still walking home from school. "Holy crap Penelope rogers! You better not scare me like that ever again! Why did you skip school I thought you were kidnapped!" She feigned a sniffle and a tear. "Hads, I have huge news." "What?" She asked, disinterested as she was unlocking her front door. "Shawn and I are... we're together." A second later all I saw was the roof of her living room and her diving to get her phone. "No. way." She screeched and ran up to her room. "Are you serious? You better not be planking me." She changed to a stern tone. "Well, it's only for two weeks." "Why? Don't you want to marry him and have his little mendes babies?" I blushed as I thought of a mini Shawn and a mini me running around our house. "Shut up!" "You're blushing. You do. But seriously why two weeks?" I explained to her the situation and she thought it was stupid since shanelope was Meant-To-Be, but she supported it.

1 week later
I twirled my hair and smoothed out the front of my red tulle dress. "Do I look okay?" I asked Hadley as she sat on my phone screen. "Babe, you're always gorgeous. But today you're super gorgeous." She popped another skittle into her mouth. "I'm so alone." She whined. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure you have tons of boys just dying to go out with you." She pointed to her zits and messy hair. "You're right. Every boy loves this." Suddenly the doorbell rang and my heart skipped a beat. He's here. "Gotta go Hads." I blew her a kiss and she caught it was she hung up. I quickly raced down the stairs and opened the door to see shawn, with his hair styled and dressed up in an all black suit. "Wow." He gasped and held his hand over his mouth. "Wow yourself, mendes." I giggled as he offered me a hand down the porch. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. He took great lengths to keep the restaurant a secret. "You'll see." He smirked as we drove to the mysterious date spot.

This was our halfway date, to make up for all the time we missed over the past year or two. It was also to see how our two week trial was progressing, if we truly were as in love as we thought we might be.

Well, I thought anyways.