}5{

Penelope
The next morning I woke up, got ready, and opened my window. I picked up apiece of paper, crumpled it up and threw it at Shawns window. A few minutes later, it was open.

He poked his head and bare shoulders out the window. It looked like he had just rolled out of bed. His brown hair was messy and his voice, oh god his voice. "Penelope. It's literally 5:30 in the morning." I laughed. "Yeah, that's generally the time a normal human wakes up for school." "I'm not normal." He rubbed his eyes and looked up again. "That's for sure."

5 minutes later he was at my doorstep. "Ready to go to school?" He smiled brightly at me in his skinny jeans and black tee shirt. I was wearing roughly the same outfit. "Twins!" I joked. "Usually I walk with Hadley... I don't wanna ditch her." He shrugged. "That's ok. She can come with us." I elbowed him. "You're a piece of work Mendes." "That's why you love me." For some reason my cheeks got redder than normal and heart skipped a beat. I walked up further so he couldn't see.

Later Hadley joined our merry party and began babbling about her plans to go to a party this weekend. I had completely forgotten about it. "You should bring Shawn." She wiggled her eyebrows and I gave her a death glare. "What?" "Oh come on, you'd be sooo cute." She whined. Shawn looked redder than I've ever seen anyone be. I mouthed shut up to Hadley but then turned to Shawn.

"Would you like to go with me? I wouldn't really know anyone there anyway and we could just hang out-" "absolutely." He cut me off with a lopsided grin. "It's a date!" Hadley squealed and jumped. "Not a date." I retorted. I quietly said to Shawn, "just friends right?" He looked away towards the school as we approached it.

"Just friends."