}7{

Penelope

Mendes🤘🏻: hey I'm picking u up in 5
P: what??
Mendes🤘🏻: we're going to do something fun
P: oh no...

Sure enough, five minutes later, Shawn sauntered up to my doorstep in gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt. "What do you think we're doing?" I interrogated him. He smiled devilishly. "We're going to do the chicken nugget challenge, and I'm posting it on my channel."

We drove through 3 different McDonald's and got six boxes each. Then we brought them to Shawns house and set up a camera in his backyard. It was pretty chilly, so I borrowed his maroon hoodie.

Soon I saw a side of Shawn I'd never seen before.
"Hey guys it's Shawn Mendes here with my good friend and today we are doing the chicken nugget challenge!" He introduced. I awkwardly waved to the camera. "So basically we're trying to eat as many as we can, hopefully all of them." He explained to me. He turned back to the camera. "Now I chose Penelope because I know she's got the smallest stomach." "Hey! Not true!" I scolded and laughed.

The whole time we shoved the nuggets down our throats, Shawn was tickling me and trying to get me to lose. Unfortunately for him, I am very competitive.

After 3 boxes, I was very much ill. "Shawn," I moaned. "I can't eat another bite." He was still managing to eat some more. "So I win!" He exclaimed. And threw his hands up in victory. His face was covered in sauce and crumbs. "Here, let me get that for you." I licked my thumb and wiped away the disgusting mess and rubbed it on his arm. "Gross!" He screeched and I laughed. "I'll get you for that." He licked the sauce off his hands and started to rub them on me. I shrieked in horror.

Finally after all our antics Shawn remembered the camera was still rolling and shut it off. "Now I have to edit this," he told me. "Well I'll help you." I offered and we made our way upstairs.

Grabbing his laptop, we both flopped on the bed, side by side on our stomachs. He taught me how to edit the video and let me have my way. "Ugh, I look so ugly while I eat." I complained. "No you don't," Shawn retorted. "You're always beautiful." I turned my face back toward the screen and my cheeks started burning up. I kept working on the video and I felt his eyes still on me, studying me features. I looked into his eyes and he turned away.

I think I'm developing a crush on my best friend.

Oh no.