(12)

Shawn
1 month later
Its summer now, and Rachel's laugh ringing through the air is brighter than even the sun. We sat together on the patio in her backyard. I had gotten very close with her, and even started to like her.

Rachel was the opposite of Penelope. Rachel had long, red, fiery hair and soft brown eyes. She was loud, spontaneous, crazy... And just what I needed.

"Rach... Can I ask you something?" She looked up at me with those big brown eyes and flashed a smile. "Of course." "Would want to... Go out with me sometime?" She bit her lip and smiled slightly. "What I'm trying to say is, well, would you be my girlfriend?" She gasped and wrapped her arms around me. "Yes!" She screamed and pulled my face to hers. She kissed me so suddenly I had no time to react or kiss back. It felt like a rushed whirlwind, hurricane rachel if you will.

"Aw I can't believe this! Me and you, you and me," she squealed. "Both of us together!" I finished. A text popped up from Brian, and another from Penelope.

Brian: where are u?
Penelope: Shawn u r late

"Oh crap," I muttered. "I was supposed to meet my friends at the theater." Rachel's face fell. "You could come with, if you want. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Her eyes widened. "No! I mean, it's fine really, I have stuff to do anyway." I was relieved she wasn't upset. "Alright, see ya." I quickly pecked her cheek and drove off.

As I walked up I heard them- Ian, Brian, Matt, Penelope and Hadley- all talking in hushed voices. "Hey guys!" I shouted, interrupting whatever conversation they were having. They all turned to look at me. "Why are you in such a good mood?" Matt asked and I realized I was grinning from ear to ear. "You guys know rachel, right?" They all nodded. "Well..." I paused for dramatic effect.

"Well what?" Penelope pushed me to finish. I answered her question with a question.
"Guess who just got himself a girlfriend?"

Everyone jumped up to congratulate me, except for Penelope. She sat in her spot and smiled. "That's awesome." We all stood around, and it felt awkward. "Can we go see the movie now?" She snapped and we all started walking. Her and Hadley stayed behind while the guys and I stayed ahead.

Throughout the movie I heard Penelope and Hadley whispering. I couldn't make out what they said, but I think I heard my name and Rachel's. I turned to Ian. "Is Penelope okay?" "How should I know? I don't know girls." I shook my head. "I mean, about me and Rachel?" He threw some popcorn in his mouth and continued staring at the screen. "Why don't you ask her?" I looked over and she was looking intently around the screen, studying the details of the scene. The light reflected on her eyes, and she looked a little sad. But maybe it was just movie. "Maybe I will."

A/n: oh my worddddd sorry for not updating in forever. I have a two week day camp (I'm in the second week) and I dropped my phone in the toilet. Fortunately its recovered and I can be back on :)