}11{

Penelope
The next morning, I agreed to go with Shawn to Tim hortons for muffins and coffee, our two favorite things.

"Hey," he said softly as he picked me up. I had dark circles because I was up all night, overthinking and speculating everything. "You okay?" He asked, concerned. I turned and flashed a tired smile. "Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" He laughed nervously. "Never mind."

We got there, ordered our food, and sat down. I'm sure two teenagers in pajamas at Tim Hortons at 7 am looked peculiar to some, but to us this was normal. "So," Shawn started. "About prom..." I stopped him. "I really don't want to talk about what happened at prom." I hadn't even fully processed the events of last night and certainly was ready to talk about it. He nodded and changed the subject to a bird outside the window.

We drove back and Shawn stopped in front of our houses. "Alright see ya," I started but Shawn kept the doors locked. I began to panic a little bit. "Penelope," he said sternly. "Yeah?" I squeaked. "I want to talk about what happened." I shook my head and smiled. "No, sha-" he cut me off. "I completely understand that you don't want to be in a relationship and that's fine," "Shawn," I tried to interrupt but he kept talking. "But you know, we... We have kissed twice and Penelope I think that" "Shawn." I said more sternly, not wanting to hear anything more about our situation. "I just wanted you to know that I l-" "Shawn, stop!" I shouted and punched the dashboard, clearly frightening not only Shawn but myself.

The silence stung like a paper cut. I sighed a long breath and lowered my voice. "Can we just pretend it never happened." I requested and he clenched his jaw, looking down at his hands. "No awkwardness. Just you and me. Best friends." He still said nothing. "That kiss doesn't exist." He turned to me and flashed the fakest smile is ever seen.

"What kiss?" He said flatly and opened the door. I walked to my house and waved to him before we went inside. He waved back weakly and we both stepped inside.

I made it to my bedroom and flopped onto my bed, replaying the conversation in my head.

What kiss?