}8{

Penelope
Prom is coming up soon, and I'm very excited, but also very nervous.
This will be the first time I've ever gone to a school dance without a date, since my boyfriend, Josh, moved away and broke up with me last year. I don't like to think about it a lot, as it makes me sad.

It's also going to be a very emotional time for me, since this is the same time of year he left.

Hadley called me and I quickly picked up. "Hey babe," she said. "Hello." I replied solemnly. Her voice immediately softened. "Hard day?" I nodded and then realized she couldn't hear me. "Are you thinking about... Him?" I laughed softly. "Hadley, you can say his name. It's okay." She was silent for a few moments. "Man, this is too depressing. I was just calling you to see if you'd like to go with me to the docks tonight? I think it'll be sooo fun!" I wasn't really in the mood to hang out, but I didn't want to disappoint Hadley. "Okay! See you later!" She squealed.

She was probably planning on asking me in some cheesy way to prom. Which I was totally fine with, I love things like that. I decided to call Shawn and see if he wanted to come as well. The phone rang for quite a while before he picked up. "Hello?" He asked hurriedly. "Hey Shawn, I was wondering if you wanted-" he cut me off abruptly. "I'm sorry Penelope, I can't, I'm very busy today. Gotta go, bye." The entire phone call left me confused, curious, and a little sad.

I might as well shower, since I have this day to myself. I turned on 'Ooh' by Jon Bellion and let the hot water run over me. As I stood there in silence, all I thought about was Shawn. Why did he sound so rushed and impatient? What could he possibly be doing?

The world is full of unsolved mysteries, and the mind of boys is one of them.

A/N: so this is kind of a filler chapter but it gives you some background on Penelope. I think you will enjoy the next chapter 😋