Chapter Thirty

The wind merciless rushed through. I glanced up from the black-tinted windows, in hope to see how the sky looked. And as what was thought, It looked like a strong storm was to come through. I shifted uncomfortably in the hard seats that gave out no comfort. (I know- trust me- those seats are like sitting on bricks.)

        At least I was to see mother nature in action as I knew what fate would lead me to. You don't just forget stuff, like killing your friend. It feels so... Unbelievable to admit that. Like, how could anyone just forget!? You don't! You don't just forget tossing your friend's corpse into a ditch! How did I forget!? Why did I forget!? Why did I do that?

        I then focused on the two policemen in the fronts seats, they chattered, but it could not be heard, at least not for me. I was intrigued to now what the two were laughing about; however, I was clueless and tried to make out what they said by lip reading.

        I sighed, I was in deep shit. As my eyes wondered on every small detail the interior of the police cruiser held and kept, I adjusted on the roof. On the roof with grey fabric was a camera. It stared directly on me. I already hated the feeling of being watch, now I had no choice but to accept it. I bit my lip and took in a deep, relaxing breath and shut my eyes. I leaned against the window, now enjoying the fact that this would be a long drive.

        A drowsiness settled over me.

        I used my shoulder to try to get some dirt off my face and tried to rotate my wrist for, now the metal cuffs were making them sore. And then that feeling occurred. Ringing. I know I heard it. I couldn't tell if the police men could. I sighed internally and began to try to relax by closing my eyes and make myself comfortable. I felt like I knew what was underway.         

        It couldn't have been two minutes later before the car jerked to a stop. Instantly, I was alerted and tried to understand what was going on. The cops were already out of the car. They're gun pointed at something up high. I tried to shuffle and look through the tinted windows. "What the hell?" I muttered. Then shots fired.         

        I heard at least four shots before they stopped. The cops seemed frozen like rock. That was until one of the cops fell to the ground. He started screaming.

        A panic was coming over me. What was going on? 

        I began to restlessly bang against the door with my elbow in an awkward position. And as it became silent. Almost to silent. I saw one cop walk over to the car. He reached for my door. And I was free. As soon as the door was fully open, the cop fell the ground. His eyes rolled white and his jaw was open wide.

        I almost hesitated getting out. Almost. I wasn't about to lose the chance. And so I hopped out, instantly falling on my side. "Oh, fucking great!" I cried out. It was a challenge to even move with balance with these cuffs. Now to get up. As I turned my head from the ground I was greeted.

        "Oh."

        That was all I could manage. The tall, thin, twig-like figure leaned over me like a lamp post. "Shit."

        And then it outstretched a hand. It was just bone practically. Its hand just feet away from me, like it wanted me to hold it. I began to try to kick my feet forward. "No! Get the fuck back! Get away!" I barked, amazed I was able to do it without messing up.  

        I tried to wiggle away like a worm in despair. I leaned against car, almost feeling trapped by the thing as it outstretched it hand further to me. I was so tempted to bite it. Something, something to hurt it. I used the car to pull myself up and started backing up, keeping my eyes on the ground. I glanced at his face, more like less of a face. It was just faceless. As I stared I felt more disoriented and the ringing became clearer and clearer. And it seemed to get angrier and angrier until I swore I saw something coming from its back.