Chapter Twenty-Five

(It's only four weeks left of school for me and so the chapters will be spaced out for we are going to have Kprep and addition with many, many exhausting test. So I won't be able to write like I used to! Sorry, but summer is coming up!)

Toby kept looking through letters upon letters. Some were hate letters. Some were love letters. Endless letters.

Rolling his eyes at the cheesiness, he stood up from sitting around the box. It was around 5 PM. (Y/n) still hasn't came here. It confused him, wouldn't someone go home to run from him or at least visit here.

He has been there hours, but wasn't giving up until night.

Sighing, he has read at least fifthteen of these letters. He had learned a thing or two about (Y/n). Yet learned much of what happened with her parents. Despite them being a whole jumble and tossed around everywhere in the small box, he was still able to pin point which came first and last. Mainly by the dates, but some he had to guess.

And then the front door slammed shut.

Toby, perked up from the box and tried to look out through the stairs to see. Yet, only seeing the halls of the second story part of the house. Then he heard thuds coming from the first story stairs.

His eyes widened as he saw (Y/n). She was not the same. In hand, she carried a small keychain with keys and the other held a loose grip on a glass bottle that once held some type of alcohol, yet it was empty and only contained drops of its contents.

Her face was something he couldn't describe. Her usual sarcastic and witty self was just a past replaced with a cheeks stained with tears and her eyes were red from crying. She now wore a plain white t-shirt with jeans and her usual tennis shoes that were stained with mud and dirt. Her hair was down and sticking everywhere. Once she was fully on the second floor, she didn't bother walking anymore but just relaxed against the white-painted walls. Toby noticed she was staring at something on the other wall.

It felt like several, longing minutes before (Y/n) actually did something. However, it was just her slumping down into a sitting position, her back against the wall. She let out a sigh, letting the bottle roll from her grasp. Toby watched intensely, not letting the small things bother him, but kept eyes on (Y/n). What happened?

(Y/n) buried her face in her hands and gradually she took out her phone. As she started tapping the expensive phone's screen the bottle started making sharp, continuous thuds as it rolled down each step of the staircase, eventually cracking. She paid no attention to it. Shakily, she held the phone to her ear. Toby was still confused, she never was like this, usually.

"Mom, I know. You probably don't want to talk..." She stopped and tried to speak. "But, Auntie, I checked her lawyer's, they said the house is going to her daughter- my cousin."

Toby tried to listen to the other person on the phone speak, but it was not loud enough to hear. (Y/n) spoke again, "I got no idea of where I'm going!"

Then the other person spoke, but this time louder and he could hear it partially. "Well, don't you have that job? Just find some place."

"How supportive!" (Y/n) exclaimed sarcastically. "I thought parents were supposed to be all like: Oh, I'll help you out, our great child even if we are at slight odds! Not, Oh, just find your own way you twenty-year-old ass that keeps forgetting to put water in the bowl while making damn Romen Noodles!"

"It's not my fault you burned the bowls every time you made that shit!"

"That, that's not the point!"

"(Y/n), welcome to real fucking life! Just find somewhere to stay, a friend or something!"

"Yes, as my life is full of damn grief and never-ending alcohol, yours is just peachy with your lovely guy that buys you everything and probably sells drugs because I can't think of how he gets so much money a week!"

"It's called patience and work, Sweetie- Maybe you can learn something from it!" Her mom yapped. Toby studied (Y/n) enraged expression. (Y/n) looked like she could just stab something and have a break down at any given moment.

"Patients? Work? I..I.. Have so much patience, but every second you shorten it to nothing!" (Y/n) breathed heavily and out of pure anger punched what she had been looking at earlier. When she retracted her fist, Toby could see blood dripping from her knuckles. She hissed in pain and began to say something again, "Mom, you know what I have done these recent days?"

Was she going to tell her mom? Toby knew if she was too tell he would have to kill her. He couldn't have a snitch.

"I have done more than you have with raising me," (Y/n) sighed. "You should of put more extra effort in raising me. This surely is what you wanted it. Is it?"

"Y'know, what (Y/n)? Yes, yes is the answer! I wanted a daughter who could be independent, stay out of trouble, be that kid who get that Honor Roll sticker for their parents!"

"Parent," she corrected but the call was discontinued by her mother as she heard the correction.

(Y/N) bit her lip and nodded slightly, looking at her bloodied hand. "I'm still in this messed up cycle and I better be winning."