Chapter Five

Chunks of the building was in shambles as it developed overgrowth of the surroundings of green. The place was would be difficult to see in the day, unless you looked closely. So at this part of night, you could just forget about it.

Toby slammed the green painted door behind him as he leaned against it in the dark. I could only see his figure. I was in the middle of the room, my hands resting on my knees as I tried to gain a steady pace of breath. "That... That was one helluva workout," I commented in breaths.

"Maybe if y-you didn't smoke, I-it'd help," he advised, his voice not muffled and much clearer. I heard him shuffle around the room, only seeing the peeps of moonlight that sprinkled in scattered holes that were in the thin roof. "Got any b-batteries?" he asked. I said no and asked why. He didn't respond.

I heard a quick flick and behind me a dim light grew in seconds. Toby had a lantern. "Nevermind I-I guess."

He came from behind me and settled on to the floor. I sat at the opposite with him. "We just ran from a crime scene. What about the police!? Surely, they're going to look for us!"

"They'll b-be dealt with."

"I remember saying I didn't want to be involved with the police. Now look! Holy...," I mumbled the rest to myself.

"(Y/n), you'd agree y-you'd help me w-with my work. Why did you think there wouldn't b-be police involved?" He replied as I just realized his mouth guard was off and around his neck revealing small little scars that were scattered around his cheek towards the edge of his mouth. Rather not ask him about that now. "I even gave y-you an e-explanation of my work. So w-what the hell make y-you think this was going to be p-police-free?"

I rolled my (e/c) eyes and ignored the question. "Say, you murdered those people, right, " he nodded, and I continued, "Who were they- and how the hell did you managed  to not get any visible blood on you with that type of damage they endured!?" He shrugged, his lips twitched upward.

"Those p-people: three workers f-from that h-hardware store," he answered, " they kicked me out for stealing apparently, so I-I kicked them back," he shuffled in his position.

"That- That was more than a kick," I said, ruffling my (h/c) hair with my fingers. "So, When do I go back. Surely, my aunt is going to wonder."

He took a deep breath, "(Y/n), we're wanted b-by the police for the m-moment, you're gunna have t-to wait," he tugged his pale yellow tinted goggles to his forehead, which created a floof of brown chestnut hair to stick out from underneath them. Revealing the dark circles under his brown eyes. Now that I see his full face, it's off. Like very odd. He, somehow, looked dead. He did have very pale skin- deathly pale to be honest, but I rather not question him on it. Maybe I should never really ask him about it. I feel that's a death wish. Then again, I feel like I desire a death wish sometimes.

I frowned, ruffled my (h/c) hair for the twentyish time and examined the room. It was a big place, I'll grant you that. Windows and other doors were boarded off. One window (where we got in) was open to the darkness of outside. We were in the middle of the room it seemed, only a minor center of the room was lit by the dim,  battery-powered lantern that sat on the floor. In the distance of the surroundings, you could hear a faint police siren. As you may have guessed, I seemed pretty damn calm for this situation of seeing a group of chopped human and being search by the cops and hiding in a broken down shack in the middle of the woods, at night. Well, you just can't hear the mental screaming and anguish that circulates in my mind. Period.

"The sirens s-should stop soon," he mumbled, picking at a flipped over beetle that scrambled on the cement floor. He was right, they stopped, but in a very abrupt stop. As in, they seem to be getting closer through the road trails in the woods then stopped automatically. I was confused. I'm 99.9% sure that they keep searching when they find a pile of limbs, this ain't GTA for sure.

(Quick little chapter :D)

Under Control (Ticci Toby X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें