Chapter Fifthteen

"Amy's dead," the words came off so foreign. How? How could this be? I was with her yesterday? Why? Why had this happen? What happened after I left? Could I have prevented this?

Toby said something, but I ignored him as a stunned phase took over. My only friend is gone. No, it's not possible. She's not gone! She can't be!

"Who's Amy?" Toby asked again. I listened this time. 

"A friend," the words came rolled off in a  sour manner.  How could such a wonderful word turn sour? Every second I tried to think possibilities. What happened when I blacked out? I know I blacked out on the way to my house. "Toby, you found me in the woods, correct?" I asked, sounding like a detective. He nodded and shrugged. Then how did I end up there?

A slight possibility popped in my mind making me grimaced and shut that shit down. I couldn't have killed her. I blacked out, right? As then, reality truly hit me in the head with a wire-wrapped bat. I shook and started to sob. Toby awkwardly sat in the swivel chair as he watched me break down.

"Should I j-just go- Or?" Toby stuttered awkwardly.

I nodded, "Yeah, just go." With that he jumped out of the bedroom window and slid off the roof and walked off.

My heart thumped hard and my whole body took a painful toll  as I let myself fall on the floor next to my bed. My knees to my chest, I sobbed and sobbed. I haven't cried like this in a great while. Despite how awful and exhausted I was, crying felt relieving.

-_-_-_-_-

It had been hours since Toby left (Y/n)'s home. Although he was a psychotic arsonist and loved that time breaking sound of bone and metal colliding, he felt mildly bad for leaving her a mess. His mind drifted off the topic of (Y/n) and focused on what to cure his upcoming boredom.

Raising his mouth guard to cover his chin and mouth, he smirked behind it, walking inwardly into the woods. It wasn't long until he came upon the abandon home, that (Y/n) and him hid, and where police have searched many times. His shoes crunching beneath stones and shards of glass, he looked around the half-torn building with overgrowth seeking in. Reaching over a ledge of a glassless window, he pulled two hatchets out and sighed. Maybe he should find a new place to stay? This is a very suspected place of illegal activity. Murder is one. Toby remembered when he had came back to this place to find two people here. Both a lot older than he, both under influence of drugs no doubt. Smirking, he remembered how they tried to talk him from coming forward with the hatchet. That being the time he lost the other hatchet to (Y/n). All fun and games from there.

He leaned against the wall and tried to remember of places he could stay. He had some possibilities. (Y/n)'s home was one, but he knew she would hate the idea, plus, he didn't need any evidence of his murders pointing to her. As he thought, his mind went foggy and he heard the tint of ringing. Groaning, he looked at a window across torn building. He knew exactly what lay beyond. Knowing of how he was dragging (Y/n) with him to what lies beyond. Beyond good, towards the darker side of what is unknown, chosen as folklore. Toby, he knew it was no such folklore, but a reality hidden from sheltered people. Ones who choose not to believe.

Toby scooted over to the window, letting the ringing pitch in volume take over. He wished it'd stopped, but couldn't help himself to walk to the window. Looking through the window, he saw it. For a minute, he stared.  Yet, the staring contest with the faceless creature abruptly ended as it was gone, for now.

-_-_-_-

"What!? Amy, that sweet little one!?" My aunt eyes widen as I continued to tell her that Amy was gone. Forever.

I nodded, using my hand to wipe my eyes from tears. My aunt tried soothing me for the loss by bringing out her stash chocolate bars from the freezer. FYI, I had no clue how she managed to buy so many; then again she makes money like nobody's business. Workaholic she is. Chocolate, the one thing that can cure anything, well almost anything. Unless you're allergic to chocolate, then, I don't know what to say.

My aunt slid a frozen chocolate bar on the table to me and put up her stash back in the freezer. I wasn't really in the mood for chocolate.  Then the earlier possibility popped in her head, "Auntie?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?"

"Do you think... I... Killed her?" At this point, I start to feel that gut pain that was followed by tears.

"Where is this coming from? You're too lazy to ever put back the chips in the pantry, I highly  doubt you could murder someone. And... It being a close friend, no way. You've  been here for two, almost three years now. You're too lazy for that."

"Yeah, thanks for the support," I sarcastically added.

My aunt went over to get a glass of water, seeing how much I'm crying, I'm going to be dehydrated. "I never lost anybody, besides my ... brother-in-law," That reminder just made my mood worse, "I don't really know how to act. I ain't the best person to talk to."

"Yeah, but you're the only person to talk to."

My aunt sat next to my once again, handing me the glass. I sipped it gradually, but had no appetite or feeling to drink it. I glanced at my aunt, who seemed to not know what to say. She wasn't what I'd consider a people-person.

As we sat in the nervy silence, there was a knock at the door. "Well, it's the mail guy," she announced as she glanced at the clock and got up and went off to the front door. I sat, staring at the clear water in the glass. As I did, a heavy presence weighed in. What was that? I heard a slight ringing. Like static almost. Getting up, I made way to where I heard it. It seemed to grow. It drove me crazy as It got louder and seemed all around. "The fuck?" I whispered as I tried to pinpoint the noise. Then I got to the back door, lifted the curtain that hanged over the small window. I shrieked as I saw something in the woods outline of the backyard. I tried to quickly move, but fell backwards. I kept cursing, trying to get up. The ringing grew. I went back to the window, yet it was gone, however the ringing did not leave.

The ringing grew unbearable and I covered my ears in an effort for it to stop.  However, that tactic went down the drain so fast as everything blurred and stopped. I had lost consciousness.