Six

"What?" I asked Scott, unsure I heard him right. "What did you just say?"

"Isaac's a werewolf. A beta. He has a pack," Scott growled, clenching his fists. "And I know Derek turned him."

"How do you know?"

"He told me something about needing a pack. Stronger in numbers. Stuff like that. I need you to stay away from him."

"But we're doing a project together! I can't just drop everything," I protested, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Not like that. I mean romantically," He clarified, refusing to look me in the eyes.

I gasped. "Were you really spying on me?"

"I had to make sure he wasn't going to hurt you. I didn't know if he was with Derek or not. I did it to protect you!" He argued, his arms flailing about as if it would help him prove his point.

"He wouldn't have hurt me! He's into me!" I practically screamed. Instead of continuing the conversation in a mature way, I shouldered past him and stomped up the stairs to my room where I slammed the door loudly behind me before flopping onto my purple blanketed queen bed, staring up at my white ceiling.

I was so annoyed at Scott and I had no intentions on mending the fight with him tonight, seeing as it was already eight o'clock. Thankfully I had an en suite bathroom so I would be able to get ready for bed later without running into Scott.

He was being completely ridiculous. Why did he have to ruin this for me? Isaac wasn't the bad guy. If Scott was right and he was a wolf, it wouldn't be the first time I had to deal with the supernatural obviously. And besides, I could handle a werewolf boyfriend! Without realizing it, a few tears had escaped my eyes and slid down my cheeks, leaving tear stains on my soft skin.

As if on command, my phone played the Star Wars theme song, signaling that Stiles was FaceTiming me. I grunted as I rolled over onto my stomach to grab my phone from my night table where it was violently vibrating, slowly sliding towards the edge.

I answered the call while sitting up in bed, resting my head on the wall. Stiles's smiling face appeared on the tiny screen, his hair looked like it had just been jelled up.

"Well hello there Stiles," I laughed.

"Why hello Rian. How art thou?" He asked in a British accent, causing me to laugh.

"Just peachy," I sarcastically remarked, my thoughts flickering back to Scott.

"What's wrong?" He asked, leaning closer to the phone, ready for a serious conversation. "Is it about you know what?"

My heart stopped. "No. Not this time," My voice trailed off as I thought about the... Thing. "Scott's being an asshat," I explained the entire argument, not leaving out a single detail. "And that's why I am currently alone in my room, avoiding him at all costs."

"Aw I'm sorry! I mean he is just looking out for you. Maybe he thinks it's Derek's way to get Scott to join his pack. If you're at stake, he will."

I always admired how Stiles was able to analyze every situation he was faced with. "Maybe, but it seemed like Isaac was really into me. Otherwise he's a really good actor."

"Oh I have no doubt he's into you. But maybe he only acted on it because Derek out him up to it."

"That's true but still, I'm mad at Scott. And I just don't want to deal with him right now."

"I understand that. Why don't I come pick you up and we do something. Like go to a movie or get ice cream or something," he offered, smiling.

I smiled back at him. "I'm down for a movie!"

"I'll be there in five!" He said before ending the call, leaving me with only a few minutes to fix myself up to look human again.

I jumped out of bed and sprinted to my bathroom, spilling my makeup onto the counter. After taking away the mascara that had smudged under my eyes, I reapplied eye liner and cleaned it up. Once I finished braiding my hair into a five strand braid that fell over my right shoulder, I threw on a SnapBack and grabbed my wallet before walking quietly down the stairs, trying not to have Scott see me. Unfortunately, he was sitting in the kitchen and stared right at me when I reached for the doorknob. I heard Stiles's jeep pull up and I could tell Scott knew exactly what I was doing.

"Where are you going?" He demanded, not breaking his gaze on me.

"Out," I tersely responded before opening the door and speed walking to the jeep, hopping in the passenger seat, huffing as I sat down.

"Well hello to you too," Stiles laughed, backing out of the driveway. When I didn't respond, he handed me the iPod connector and I smiled, happily plugging my phone in and letting All American Rejects blast through the cruddy speakers.

"So what movie are we seeing?" I asked during the intro of Dirty Little Secret.

"I was thinking the Conjuring," he slowly said, slowing down for the red light.

"But I hate horror movies!"

"No you don't you just hate being scared before going to sleep. But you love having the shit scared out of you."

"It scares me how you know me better than I know myself," I smirked, singing the first few bars of the song. Stiles didn't answer and I knew he was listening to me sing. He always said I had a fantastic voice but I never thought I was that good. I just did it for fun. Throughout the chorus, I sang a harmony, my pitch matching well with the song's original key.

Once the song ended and 1985 by Bowling For Soup came on, Stiles spoke. "Please do the talent show at school. You would definitely win. I hear they're having 'celebrity' judges this year, and the winer gets to cut a demo with them."

"Is that what they're doing? Just so people will actually audition and go?" I laughed. No one ever auditioned and the same people always won, the theater kids. "That's actually really smart. Do you know who the judges are?"

"Some singer, Nick Tangorra?"

I gasped. "HOLY SHIT NO WAY I LOVE HIM!" I had been a fan of Nick for three years. He was from Long Island, New York so I obviously never met him but I had talked to him and his band mates on twitter. A few girls at Beacon Hills liked him so I assumed that they had suggested he judge the show.

Stiles laughed at my fangirl moment. "I know, that's why I suggested the school do that this year."

"Why would you do that?"

"I want you to audition! That's why!"

"You are the best best friend in the world! I love you so much Stiles!" I smiled, clapping my hands. "I can't believe I am going to meet Nick Tangorra!" For the rest of the ride I fangirled to Stiles and thanked him a million times for doing this. I seriously didn't know what I would do without this kid.