Five

"I'm sorry," Isaac whispered as he pulled away from me. "I don't know what came over me."

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, turning me as red as a cherry while smiling. "Don't be sorry," I giggled.

"I really like you Rian, I have for a very long time. I was just too nervous to say anything," He shyly admitted, his hand still on my face, his thumb sliding along my cheek.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I like you too," I admitted quietly, as if there was someone here to actually catch that sentence escaping from my lips.

Just as he was going in for another kiss, I heard the front door swing open and my brother's voice boom through the house. "I'm home!"

I sighed, pulling myself away from Isaac and picking up my book. He did the same and we began to pretend to read. My eyes scanned the page but my mind was somewhere else. All I could think about was Isaac and how we had kissed so suddenly, like it was the last thing either of us would be able to do.

"We're in the living room!" I called to Scott who had just dropped his keys on the kitchen table and flung his jacket over the back of one of the mahogany chairs.

"How's the project going? Hey Isaac," He asked as he walked in, bro-hugging Isaac in the casual lacrosse team member way.

"Hey Scott!" Isaac smiled as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"The book's great, it's really interesting so far," I replied, wishing the blood would seep out of the vessels in my skin. "How was your night with Allison?"

He smiled nostalgically. "It was great," he had a hint of mystery in his voice that could only mean one thing.

"Did you use pro-"

I was cut off before I could finish my question. "Shut up Rian," Scott growled, tensing his body. I knew I had been right and I couldn't keep myself from cracking up at his embarrassed expression.

"Well this is awkward," Isaac mumbled to himself. I let a slight laugh escape my thin lips, earning a glare from Scott. I knew he had used his fine tuned wolf hearing to hear Isaac but I was definitely not going to say anything about it. "I should probably go home. My dad will wonder where I am," He said awkwardly, getting up from his seat while grabbing his books.

"I'll walk you out," I said politely, picking up the plates from the oak coffee table in front of the couch and bringing them to the sink.

We walked in silence to the door, neither of us knowing what to say next. When we were out of earshot of Scott, which was at Isaac's Honda Accord, Isaac broke the deafening silence.

"Thanks for having me," He smiled nervously, taking his keys from his pocket.

"Anytime. So uh when do you want to work again?" I asked, trying desperately to continue the conversation.

"What about Sunday? We can go out to the coffee shop around the corner maybe."

"That sounds good to me!" I smiled, my heart rate picking up slightly.

It seemed as though Isaac didn't know whether to hug or kiss me goodbye so he did a mixture of both. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me to his body, planting a kiss on my cheek. I snaked my arms around his neck and let my chin rest on his shoulder. He was much taller than I so I was standing on my tiptoes in order to hug him. When we broke the embrace, his cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink which made me smile.

"See you Sunday. I'll text you."

"You don't have my number," I laughed as he whipped out his phone and handed it to me. I typed in my number and put a panda emoji next to my name since it was my favorite animal.

"Now I do," He said as he hopped in his car and pulled out of the driveway, speeding down the road to the east.

"Rian, come here," Scott called urgently from the door. I could tell by his demeanor he wasn't mad, but nervous. My eyes widened as I sprinted to the door, shaking with adrenaline. "He's one too. He's a Beta."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it's so short! I just wanted to get something up. I'll most likely update once or twice a week, probably on Thursdays and Weekends.

I don't own any of the Teen Wolf characters besides the ones I create.

So what do you guys think? Do you think Scott will allow Rian and Isaac to be together? More importantly, will Rian listen to what Scott has to say?