Love Bites

Preface

"I'm not leaving you here alone," I said, my arms crossed across my chest, feet planted firmly on the ground.

"Rian I'm not letting you stay here. Not tonight," My brother said, his hands tightened into fists.

"Scott, I'm not going anywhere. You have to tell me what is going on."

"No."

"Rian, back up," Stiles's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me out of Derek's house kicking and screaming.

"Stiles let me go before I hurt you!" I screeched, my arms flying.

"I'm sorry Rian but I have to do this. Scott only wants to keep you safe," He said apologetically as he threw me into the back of his shitty blue jeep, my head smashing against the window.

The crisp October air stung my cheeks as Stiles jumped into the driver's seat and whizzed through the trees at a speed I didn't think the truck could handle. I curled into a ball, my chin resting on my knees and my arms wrapped around my shins to keep my body warm. Apparently my idea to wear shorts was a really bad one. How was I supposed to know the temperature would drop to 40 degrees?

Suddenly, something smashed into the side of the truck, sending it rolling down a giant hill, smashing into every tree possible. I had never put my seatbelt on so I was jolted around, my head smashing multiple times against the sides and roof of the shitty jeep. I could hear Stiles cursing loudly but my senses had already stopped working after the third spin. I gripped the door handle tightly for support but it made matters worse when the door swung open, throwing me out of the car and into the lake. The cold water engulfed me and froze my body to the bone. My vision turned red from the blood that was seeping from my skull and arms into the crystal blue water.

In agonizing pain, I forced my body to the surface, gasping for air. My breath formed white puffs that evaporated into the cold night air. I treaded circles in an attempt to find Stiles or his car or Scott or something I could use to help me out of the water.

Two yellow eyes glared at me from the shore and the creature that possessed them was hunched over on all fours, baring it's sharp teeth. It still looked slightly human but had long razor nails that dug into the dirt.

"Hello?" I said, my voice quavering and heart beating dangerously fast.

The only response it gave was a snarl and it proceeded to race into the water, directly at me as if all it wanted to do was kill me.

As if out of instinct, I grabbed a rock from the lake floor and hurled it as hard and fast as I could, connecting with the creature right between it's eyes. The rock shattered into pieces but the animal stopped just inches from me, and my brother was standing exactly where the beast was only moments ago.

"Rian?"

And that's how I found out that my brother, Scott McCall, was a werewolf.