"I thought you'd never ask! What took you so long?" She sniffed, engulfing me in a huge hug.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I hugged her back. "Nerves I guess," I chuckled. "But may I ask you another question?" She nodded as I continued. "I know better than anyone how demanding royal life can be. . . Do you. . . Do you think he'll even want to join this life with me?"

"Honey, I can't answer the question for you. But I can tell you this: Michael loves you with all his heart. He doesn't need extravagant gifts or a fancy lifestyle to be happy with you. All he needs is to know that you're going to be there for him, through the good, the bad, and the ugly. That you're going to be supportive of him, be a loving husband and an equal provider. Understand?" She finished, smiling at me and giving me a knowing look.

I nodded knowing exactly what she was saying, and even what she wasn't but hoped that I would catch on to. "Yeah. And I know exactly what to do."

********

6:00pm

Mike

Today just hasn't been my day. I've just been feeling sort of. . . Off  lately. And I think Elijah's noticed. I don't know what it is, but I'm definitely sure that I don't like it. I'm just extremely irritable. Maybe it's just knowing that I'm no longer just co-owner of my mother's boutique, or Kevin Martin's son who didn't come out of the closet until after he died. But I was gonna be known as Prince Elijah of Jade's boyfriend. I just don't know if I can handle that. Handle all of the attention.

I was currently on my way home. I told my mom I wasn't feeling well, but didn't tell her what the issue was. I was feeling sort of nauseous and dizzy. I was literally overthinking myself sick, just thinking about all this Royal business. Even thinking about how Elijah's parents just accept us and our relationship all of a sudden. I don't know about you, but I'm not buying it.

My thoughts were interrupted as I came closer to our front door. There were. . . Rose petals leading  up the sidewalk to the door. What the hell?  I walked closer and closer and the trail became more evident. I turned the knob and and saw more petals leading all through the house in one line leading to. . . My bedroom? What was going on?

I walked to my room and leaned my head against the door to listen for any movement. I heard the flick of some sort of metal. A lighter? I wasn't exactly sure. But for some reason, I wasn't afraid. I mean, if there was a killer in the house, they certainly wouldn't take their sweet time on my murder, right?

I slowly turned the knob and pushed open the door. . . And there stood Elijah in a clean tuxedo, candles lit all around the bedroom, rose petals scattered on the floor and in the shape of a heart on my bed.

 And there stood Elijah in a clean tuxedo, candles lit all around the bedroom, rose petals scattered on the floor and in the shape of a heart on my bed