Goodbye London... For now.

London, August 1st, 2014

Macarena's POV

"Are you sure you are all packed?"

I look around the bedroom and try to see if I'm not forgetting anything important.

"Yes, I think that's it."

"Here, let me help you with that."

I hand my suitcase to Eddie, he's come to take me to the airport since Jamie had a last-minute meeting with The Fall producers before we departed to New York for our Press Junket for Fifty Shades of Grey, we were supposed to do this two weeks ago but I was still in the hospital so the studio sent a note saying that due to technical problems, the trailer was only going to be released on August 4th. We didn't want to tell much about the accident, the least the press knew, the better.

I walk out the door and follow Eddie down the stairs. It's still a little weird being alone with him. We are trying to leave our past behind but it's hard seeing him and not remembering our one night stand. Although I didn't even know Jamie when that happened, I feel very guilty because he was dating Hannah, who is now his wife.

My phone rings and as I look for it in my purse, Eddie speaks while pointing at the luggage. – "I'll put these in the boot, will you be ok locking the house?"

"Yes, thank you."

The politeness between us is so uncomfortable that I am thankful that he is out of earshot while I'm on the phone with Jamie.

"Aló?"

"Hi babe, are you in the car already?"

"No, I'm locking the house, I'll be on my way in five."

"Why are you locking the house? Where is Eddie?" – His concerned tone makes me smile.

"He's putting the luggage in the trunk of the car. I'm fine, I can manage."

"Be careful, please." – I roll my eyes at his overprotectiveness.

"I'm fine, don't worry. How was the meeting?"

"It was great! We're shooting one more season in late October."

"Great! You'll be in Belfast!"

"WE will be in Belfast. I need you by my side." – I know that he really means he wants me in Belfast with him so he can keep an eye on me, it's hard for him to understand that I am healing, slowly, but healing.

"Ok, love." – I decide not to argue with him at the moment.

I put my purse on the floor and start locking the door but Eddie runs to me.

"Here, I'll do that."

I hand him the keys and take my purse without saying a word. Jamie is still on the phone so I hear him sighing.

"I know we are getting on your nerves with all this overprotection and I am sorry, my love, but we can't help it. We all were so worried while you were on a comma, laying on that hospital bed while nobody knew if or when you were going to wake up."

I shudder at the thought of never being able to wake up.

"I know, babe. I'm sorry. It's ok. Let's not think about that"

"Ok" - his response comes as a whisper and I am upset with myself for making him sad. Great job Macarena!

"I'm in the car now and Eddie is coming, I'll meet you soon, mi amor" (my love)

"Ok, ask him to drive to the parking lot in terminal 4. I'll be there waiting for you. I love you."

"I love you more."