Happy Birthday Amor!

Chicago, April 30th 2014
3:50pm
Macarena's POV

Ten minutes, in ten minutes Jamie will be 32. My love is going to be by himself on his birthday, no family, no Dulcie, not me.... Matt will be there though, and I'm here debating whether I should call him or not. We haven't spoken on the phone since our conversation a couple of weeks ago. He's sent some pictures and messages letting me know about his day or something funny or cute he's seen in South Africa, I have replied his messages but I haven't sent anything from me, anything that would tell him how much I miss him. And how I miss him! I've been working a lot to occupy my mind, I also have been hanging out with Chris and Dani, we've become a little family here, it's funny how Chris has become a friend, someone I can count on and it's very weird having to kiss him on scene. Although sometimes I think he enjoys kissing me, there was this scene our characters were making out in bed and he was on top of me and I could feel his little buddy getting all excited down there. Let's just say it was very awkward riding back home in his car after that.

Five minutes before the clock strikes midnight in Cape Town and I'm not sure if the present I've sent Jamie was the right one, I wanted to give him something that said "Happy Birthday, I'm thinking about you" and not give him the wrong idea and make him believe I was forgiving him, because I was far from ready to do that. So I opted for a breakfast in bed, how stupid of me! I send birthday breakfasts to my aunts or make up artists not to my fiancé! I should have gotten him anything else but that stupid breakfast! Shoot! One minute! I need to call him. I look myself in the mirror and try to encourage myself, I was seating on the bed of my trailer taking an hour break before shooting again so I was ready to be the first to wish Jamie a Happy Birthday.

Dialing tone..... By the third I started thinking he must be out with his cast mates having a beer and they will be first to wish him a happy birthday and not me. But before I hung up he answered with a husky voice, the one I love the most, the one he has when waking up.

"Hello?"

"Happy Birthday!!!!"

He chuckled.

"Thank you, love"

My heart skipped a beat.

"How does it feel being 32"

"Better than being 22, that's for sure"

I laughed because I remember his story of his 22nd  birthday celebration and how drunk and stupid he got, he was a model at the time and was living in London so all his model friends were wasted and they all ended up being arrested for exposure, how did that happen? Jamie can only recall that his friend thought it would be funny to give London a striptease show, which ended up with the cops taking them down.

"Am I the first to call you?"

"Yeap, you are..... And I thank you for that"

He sounded so sincere that I wanted to get on the first plane and run to his arms, nobody should be alone for his birthday, I should have been there, but when I think of kissing him, I picture him kissing that French girl and my blood boils.

"What are your plans for tomorrow? Are you spending your day off work?"

"Nah! We need to finish this movie soon so we're working all day tomorrow"