I'VE LOST MY VALENTINE

*** Picture of The Gold Coast in Chicago, just breathtaking. Song for this chapter: "We Belong" by Pat Benatar. It expresses how Maca feels at the moment***

Chicago, February 2014

Macarena's POV

I'm riding a taxi cab back to the apartment the production got me on the Gold Coast, one of the best neighborhoods downtown Chicago, I was incredibly lucky on this one, the apartment is not only beautiful but the neighborhood is just breathtaking, its gorgeous homes and the view of the lake lifts my spirits a tiny bit. I still haven't heard from Jamie and my heart is broken in a thousand pieces, he wouldn't answer my phone calls or texts, I'm desperate.

As the taxi driver is slowly making his way to my new home, I re-run in my head the meeting I've just had. Today I met Shelby in person, along with Peter Crane, the movie director, other crew members and some producers, I've even met Vince Vaughn, who is the coolest and funniest person in this world, although he keeps calling me 'pretty girl' instead of Macarena. The only person missing in the meeting was my other co-star Taylor Kinney, and Shelby's words rang in my head.

"Guys, Taylor dropped out of the movie due to a new job opportunity he received"

"Ok!!! which means that we'll need to delay filming until we find his replacement so I can go to Vancouver to meet my niece"

I didn't want to tell her Dulcie was Jamie's daughter or that I have a relationship with Jamie, paps have taken pictures of us as a couple but nothing official. I didn't want to expose Dulcie's identity, at least it isn't my place to do so.

"Actually, we've found his replacement, Chris Evans, who will be joining us tomorrow"

"Chris Evans??? As in Captain America??? And why does he get to come tomorrow and I needed to be here on the first flight?"

I couldn't help but feel irritated! It's just not fair!!! I missed Dulcie's birth because of this stupid meeting and the reason of this so called meeting was just to tell me that Kinney dropped out and that Evans was in?? She could have told me that over the phone! I was about to snapped when she spoke.

"Truth is, this meeting was meant to be held without him, you see Macarena, Chris has a name in the industry and ......"

"That's bullshit! My name is also well respected in the industry!!"

A very irritated Vince interrupted.

"I know Vince, believe me, I'm not trying to diminish your importance in this movie, the fact is that I'm trying to compare Chris with Taylor, and Chris's price is much higher than Taylor's for which we needed the studio's approval for the new budget"

"I understand, but how does that affect me and pretty girl here?"

He pointed at me and offered me a warm smile and a wink. He was right, how did that affect us?

"Since the Studio didn't want to approve the new budget and Chris learned about this movie through a friend and loved the plot, he offered himself as a benefactor, so he will be filming for much less money than we originally offered Taylor"

"Why would he do that?"

I was very curious, who does that? I mean, he's pretty famous already, he's freaking Captain America! Why would he act in a romantic comedy where he will be playing a guy who won't even get the girl at the end???

"His reasons are to be kept secret, the reason of this meeting is for you to be informed of the changes and that he doesn't want to be treated differently, he wants to be one of the group"