Miami

.

Chicago, May 30th 2014

Macarena's POV

I got to terminal 3 at twenty to six, perfect timing! I gave the taxi driver a big tip and ran to the check in area, after getting my ticket I went through security, thankfully it went fast. The flight was leaving from gate 28 and as I made my way to it I kept thinking...

What am I going to say?

What do I want?

What if he doesn't get the reason of my appearing in the airport?

What if he thinks I want to be more than friends?

I didn't get to answer my questions because as soon as I saw the sign to gate 28 I saw him sitting on a corner, wearing his typical baseball cap and aviator sunglasses, he was listening to music in his iPhone and looking at the screen. He was smiling sweetly at his phone.

 He was smiling sweetly at his phone

I fix myself and walk to him.

"So you thought you were going to leave without saying goodbye and I was going to let you?"

He saw me and jumped from his seat dropping his phone on the floor.

"Holly Shit! Macarena! What are you doing here?"

He was so surprised that he didn't even notice his phone was on the floor so I bent over and picked it up.

"I came here to...."

I was about to explain myself but when I saw my picture in his screen I stopped talking.

It was a picture of me on the Chicago Ferris Wheel. I remember that day, we had the day off and it was beautiful out so we decided to go sightseeing, normally Dani would come with us but she had some things to do and it was just Chris and I. It was right after I returned from London and he was trying to cheer me up.

In the picture I was looking out the city and I was smiling, it was a small smile but one with no concern nor heartache. One with hope.

 One with hope