Love Vs. Friendship

Somewhere in Route 66
May 23rd, 2014

Jamie's POV

Time... I had just asked Macarena for time and I'm not sure how much time I need. The only thing I am sure right now is that I want her back and I want to be worth of her love. So far she's been nothing but perfect to me. Yes, she missed Dulcie's birth but she's redeem herself and I think now she talks to Dulcie over the phone more than I do. She's that perfect. And I have screwed up our relationship. What I did in London was wrong in so many ways! I shouldn't have kissed that girl. I hate myself for that. I betrayed Maca. I hurt her the same way Cauã did and yet she's so forgiving that she's ready to put that in the past so we could share a life together.

Although, I can't help myself from thinking about what Captain Asshole said, it's always Maca going after me and not the other way around.

As soon as I finished punching the scum bag I turned around and drove away. Without even thinking where I was going. I drove away from Chicago and when I saw the sign announcing the exit to get into Route 66 I didn't doubt to hop in. I know this route would take me to Los Angeles where I need to be in five days for a meeting before flying to Vancouver to start filming my new movie "The 9th life of Louis Drax". I was planning to spend those five days making sweet love to Macarena but my jealousy got the best of me and I made the mistake of driving away from her. Now I'm here, somewhere between Kansas and Oklahoma. I shouldn't have done that. I should have gone to her. Now she's disappointed in me, once again, when she should be planning to move to Vancouver with me. That was my plan, after all, to asked her to come to Vancouver with me. I didn't want to be apart from her anymore. I don't want to be away from her but now that I have screwed things up for us, I must fix it. So I'm going to drive all the way to Los Angeles to clear my head and see what I should do to get her back. To be worth of that unconditional love she has for me. I am a lucky lad. I should never loose my Peruvian Princess again.

 I should never loose my Peruvian Princess again

I'm driving and thinking about my options. What should I do to get my love back? I have something in mind, I have been thinking about it ever since I proposed to Maca, but I don't know how she is going to like my idea. I need help. I need to talk to someone who knows her well. I know whom I should call but it makes me nervous the idea of speaking with her, specially after what I did in London. I know she knows and that she probably wants my head in a platter but I deserve it so I man up and I connect my phone to the car's Bluetooth system.

I dial her number.

The ringing sound feels the car.

My stomach explodes with the bad kind of butterflies.

Another ring.

Maybe she just hates me so much she refuses to talk to me. The ringing stopped and her voice sounded loud and clear all over the car.