Time will tell

*** Hello guys!!! Merry Christmas!!!!! I'm still on vacation but here's a little chapter for you guys!!! I wanted to give you a full chapter but it's very busy with the kids around 24/7. I hope you like it!! I wish you a wonderful 2016 may all your dreams come true!!!! Xoxo-Z***

London, March 2014

Jamie's POV

I'm standing outside Mario's house. Wow! He literally lives next door from the White Horse. He opens the door and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Good morning, Golden Torso"

I winced at the sound of my infamous nickname.

"Morning Mario. Can I see her?"

He opened the door and motioned me to enter. As soon as I was in the living room I knew Macarena was long gone. I couldn't feel her presence.

"She left, didn't she?"

He sat down and crossed his legs. He's always elegant on his every move. I sat on the couch across from him.

"What did you expect from her? You've hurt her to the core. Thank God she came to me so I could calm her before she left"

I slapped my forehead.

"I'm so stupid!"

"I wouldn't say stupid!"

I smiled at his condolence but he spoke again.

"I would try.... asshole"

My smile dropped. Of course he was mad at me, after all Maca is his best friend. I don't want to even think what will Jenny do to me once she finds out.

"I know I hurt her, I didn't mean to. I'm not trying to justify myself but I was hurt too!"

He stared at his manicured nails.

"At this moment there's nothing you can say to justify your actions. She's very hurt, I haven't seen her this hurt, not even after Cauã"

Shit! That hit me in my gut and it broke my heart. What have I done? A tear ran down my face. Mario moved forward and touched my knee.

"Listen Jamie. I know you love her and  that's why I'm so upset with you! This shouldn't have happened!"

"I know! I just kissed that girl once! I was very drunk and yes! I was an asshole!"

He nodded in understanding.

"Look Jamie, I know you want to mend this but I know her more than you do and one thing she needs right now is space. She needs to heal her heart by herself"

"But what if it's too late?"

"Then you'll move on and so will she"

I stood up so quickly that I hit my sheen on the coffee table.

"For fuck's sake!"

That hurt! Mario stood up and cleared his throat.

"Listen Jamie, I can't tell the future, I just know my friend, I'll tell you what will happen with her, she's in Paris now waiting for me, tomorrow we'll have a photoshoot and tomorrow night she'll fly back to Chicago where they're waiting for her to shoot the movie, she will work very hard to mend her heart and so will you, Go after her once she finishes the film because it's not fair to her to be distracted by her cheating fiancé"

"I can't Mario! I can't be away from her, not like this, I need to hear her voice, to let her know about my day and for her to tell me about hers, to make her laugh at my idiotic jokes, to wish her good night"

"Well you weren't to keen to listen to her when YOU were hurt, and all she did was to follow your wish for her to film this movie"

Fair point well made! I was in deep trouble. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at his watch indicating me he was ending our conversation.

"Look Jamie, I like you but right now you're wasting your time with me, I won't be on your side. You got SO offended by her absence in your daughter's birth that you didn't even bother to hear her out when she went to mend her actions in Vancouver, then she flew here for you,  putting in jeopardy her job and you dropped a bomb in her heart, just leave her alone, let her heal, if she forgives you someday I will be very happy but for now, I'm pissed at your pretty face"

He pointed to the door and I just nodded.

"Before I go, please tell her that I love her and that I will call her every night to wish her good night and that as soon as I can I will fly to Chicago and to please do not give up on me. I love  her more than anything in this world, she's my everything"

He opened the door. As I was walking out he spoke again.

"Maybe you should have thought of that before banning her from your life!"

With that he closed the door on my face. I had lost my Maca. I hailed a cab back home, Eddie had driven me  to Mario and left to encounter Hannah so I was by myself, I needed to go to the airport, my flight to Cape Town was leaving in three hours and I wouldn't be able to fly to Paris, besides, I don't know where Maca is and neither does she answer my phone calls, I've fucked up big time and I know it will take her some time to answer my phone calls. Time, that's all I need, time.