Keeping On

Brantley POV

It has been 2 months since I took Savannah to meet Momma, and we haven't been able to see each other since then. My touring schedule is heavy and Savannah has been putting in lots of double shifts at the hospital to help cover for people wanting to go on vacation. She has lost a few patients and won't leave them even if she is off when they are so sick. I love that about her, how much she cares about them. I am down to the last month on tour and then I will finish up in the studio for the new album release coming in January. Our plans are for Savannah to come to my last 2 shows at Red Rocks and then I will spend some time at the farm before the holidays come. We haven't had any more problems out of the Seals and they were able to erase the video. Thinking about that makes me smile because that was so tame compared to what I brought out in her in the sin den. I have finally found someone who accepts all of me even that dominant need to control part of me. Savannah does that for me, she knows that isn't something that I will do to mistreat her but something that I need to express and she told me after that first time that she felt so much more confident in herself, and her abilities as a woman. I'm not sure what the jackass she had been with told her but I'm so glad he did because if not then I wouldn't have had a chance to make her mine. And make her mine I have.
As I am heading to the VIP session I get a text telling me that she loves me and that she is missing me. I tell her that I miss her too and that I was about to go into the VIP session but that I wanted to talk to her tonight after my show. She sent back that it sounded like a plan.
I head into the room and Jess is going with me cause he and I will play when I do the acoustic set of songs. I walk up and I can tell usually by the vibe I get how it's gonna be. Some of these are great but then some of them get to where they are disrespectful of my girlfriend. Not usually Savannah in particular but just having a girlfriend in general, tonight feels like one of those nights and to be honest I ain't in the mood to put up with that shit tonight. So what am I going to do?
" What's up y'all? I'm glad that y'all have decided to join me tonight before we get out there and throw down on stage, however I would like to say a little ground rules before we start. So don't be that person that says my sisters husbands brothers cousins aunts birthday is today so for any one having a birthday, Happy Birthday. The next one is that I will not put up with anyone disrespectin my girl. She's a lady, I love her and let's just leave it at that and we will all get along just fine. Now who wants to start us off tonight?"

"Brantley we all heard about a sex tape but it never came out in the news like most other celebrities how come?"

"Well to be honest most of those things are filmed with consent and then either one party or another or someone that are on bad terms with is the one that puts it out there. And I will say that none of those things happened cause there was no consent on either of our parts."

"BG we all know that you are a sexy red blooded male how often do you see your girlfriend and is it a what happens on the road stays on the road relationship, if so can I meet you on your bus tonight after the show?"

" Well thank you for the compliment but no to the rest of that question."

"Come on man, we all know that you get as much as you want so does she not care or are you whipped?"

"Okay that's its, I will not stand for anyone to say anything about Savannah. Get them out of here and ban them from ever coming again. I love my girlfriend and you don't cheat,you don't think about cheating when you are in a relationship. That is what I mean by disrespecting her."

"Brantley what is a current song by another artist that describes your relationship with Savannah?"

"Ah man, wow that is a good question, let me ask you this does it have to describe our relationship now or can it be in the past?"

"Either one or both"

"Well I would have to say Cole Swindells Middle of A Memory, cause when we first met we left each other without getting numbers and now I would say the one that makes me think of her and how I feel about her is Porch Swing Angel by Muscadine Bloodline cause I think she's the prettiest with no makeup sitting on the porch swing just sitting there beside me talking about whatever comes to mind and she's the only thing I need."

"So is she the one you will marry?"

"Well let's just say I don't know. Gonna see how it goes."

"Brantley does this mean that you are gonna be proposing soon?"

" well to be honest the girl I marry will have a lot of things to prepare for , so I am not coming out with that question right now. Now let's play a couple of songs and he plays and sings "Grown Ass Man and My Kinda Crazy"

After I finish those songs and it's time to do the concert I am getting prepared and look around at my road family and smile because I know tonight is gonna be a great show!