Meeting the Family

Brantley POV

I can tell Savannah was nervous, her tell is that she is twisting her hair. Whenever she gets nervous her fingers got to her hair. I take her hand and bring if to my lips and tell her she has nothing to worry about that my family will love her.
  Savannah looks at me and says,"I do have things to worry about cause everyone knows that if momma don't like you then you might as well pack it in."
  I laughed," Baby I am a grown ass man and I love you. I don't. Are if anyone else does or not but if you love me and treat me good my momma will love you."
Savannah tells me," We will see but I do love you."
  "Get some rest cause I can guarantee the next couple of days will be busy with my family and friends riding, bonfire and muddin "
  Savannah smiles and lays her head on my shoulder and drifts off to sleep. I pull my cap down and take my own advice.

   As we land in Atlanta, I wake Savannah up and the peaceful look on her face fades away and starts to form worry. I kiss her head and tell her to stop. She smiles and tells me she will try. I grab our carry on bag and my backpack and she grabs her backpack and purse. We make out way off and down to the luggage pickup and there are photographers taking our picture and asking if it was true that we made a sex tape and we both ignored them and I grabbed our luggage and went outside to where Kolby was waiting. When he saw us he got out and helped with our bags. I climbed in the front of the truck after helping Savannah into the back. I made introductions as we drove down the road to my house. Kolby told us that Momma expected us at her house for supper. I smiled and Savannah took in a deep breath. Kolby looked over at me and smiled before saying "So Savannah tell me what you see in my ugly mug of a brother. "
"Well you see Kolby I fell in love with his voice on Youtube 6 years ago and met him at a bar in Tuscaloosa after he released Modern Day and he made my birthday that night unforgettable. Besides what girl wouldn't fall for a tattooed muscled up bearded man who can sing and whose smirk make ladies panties drop?" Savannah said and laughed when Kolby said,"I did not need that visual "
Savannah said," Then I suggest you don't ask me questions you don't want me to answer."
  I can't help but laugh at Kolby and Savannah's exchange. He pulls into my driveway and helps us with the bags and I hug him and tell him I will see him at supper. He goes to Savannah and pulls her in a hug and says,' you are gonna do just fine so quit worrying my momma is gonna love you "
Savannah and I go into my house and I show her around and she loves it I can tell. She asks if she has time to freshen up before we go to Momma 's house and I tell her she does. She goes to the bathroom and is back ready to go in 15 minutes. We go to my garage and she looks at my bikes. I ask her if she has ever ridden and she said,"yeah a long time ago"
"We will have to take one out the next couple of days" Savannah smiles and I open the door of my Cougar and she raises and eyebrow. I get in and pull her close beside me and kiss her quick before cranking the car and revving the engine. Savannah smiles "boys and their toys "
I raise my eyebrow before leaning in next to her ear and say,"baby I ain't no boy and I will show you later if you need reminding"
  Savannah runs her hand up to my face and pulls my beard bringing my lips to her and she kisses me and says in my ear,"Gonna hold you to that babe" with those words I go hard and have to adjust things and Savannah just smiles. I can't help nut laugh.

Pulling up to momma's Savannah smiles at me and said,"this can't be worse than growing up with a Seal right?"
I tell her "just be yourself and she will love you."
As I get out and run around to open Savannah's door , momma comes running out of the house and yells"there is my baby boy" Savannah laughs as I rub my head and say"Momma I ain't no damn baby I am 31 years old"
"Brantley Keith you know better than to use that language with me now introduce the woman you have brought home"

"Angel this is Savannah McCoy and she is my girlfriend. Savannah this is my Angel Becky. "
  Momma pulls Savannah in for a hug and said" I am glad you and Brantley have come home for a few days but I am sorry the reason behind it. Im so sorry for your loss baby but I hope that you can find comfort here."
I watch as Savannah holds onto my momma and a tear falls from her eye and she tells momma" I am blessed to have Brantley to lean on and help get me through but its time to move forward and that is what this trip is about. Thank you for having me and for raising such a wonderful man"
Momma laughs " He may be good now but that wasn't always the case let me tell you he raised hell and kept me on my knees praying for a lot of years. Now lets get in out of this heat and go finish supper."
I watched as the two most important women in my life walk into my childhood home arm in arm talking about how to make the best Mac n cheese and I look up to the heavens and say" thank you God for those two angels" before following after them.