Courage Found

Savannah pulled in and parked slipping her phone and ID in her pocket. She takes a deep breath trying to calm her nerves as she makes her way to will call. When she gets to the window she asks, "ticket package for Southern Belle"
  The lady at the window smiles and said," Here is your ticket, backstage and VIP session credentials. Hope you enjoy the show."
   Savannah takes the lanyard and puts it around her neck and walked toward the VIP tent. It said there was supposed to be a question and answer session and an acoustic performance. As she walks she pulls out her phone and texts Jess.
S: I'm at the concert, he has left a ticket package with VIPSession and backstage pass. So I am headed to the VIP session now.

J:You go girl!!! So proud of you for taking the chance to see if there are any answers to your "what ifs"

S: Yeah I'm terrified Jess but I will let you know how it goes. Love you and thanks!

J: YW what are friends for if not to kick you in the butt and make you do something

MEANWHILE.....
Brantley flashback...

I pull Savannah in my arms and dance to Jason's The Truth. She laid her head on my chest and we swayed back and forth. Then Kenny's song Out Last Night played and we didn't separate but just stayed in each other's arms. After that song we made our way back to the table and sit down, I lean over and ask "since you have every guy looking at you, how come no boyfriend?"
  "Well I would have to date and I don't have time to worry about a relationship, I have to study most of the time or try to catch up on sleep.  I'm not into random hookups, I respect myself too much for that. So after I turned a few guys down word got around and they stopped asking . What about you, I know that you have to have girls after you. I mean, you ain't play guitar and have the bad boy image down pat even though I don't think that is who you are totally and of course we can't forget your looks. So how did you get started singing?"
   " My girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. She was my love, we have been off and on since I was 19. Said she didn't think she could marry someone like me. I scared her with my drinking and then traveling and not seeing each other. So she said that as long as I wanted this lifestyle she was through. You know tonight is the first night I haven't gotten falling down drunk by now. Guess I needed to find a beautiful lady and spend time talking to her.
     I started in church youth group and it just went to rock/ country. I crashed my truck at 19 and it was a wake up call to not waste what God had given me and I went to Nashville as a songwriter for about a year and then moved back home to Jefferson and started singing in bars. I just got signed and put out MDPS and now I am touring doing shows trying to get my name out there.  So any particular reason for your name Savannah?"
    "That sucks but I can kind of understand if you are always drinking then she probably is worried about cheating. I mean you are pretty hot and a lot of girls show no shame about hitting on a man that's taken. And Savannah came from my mom, she wanted me to have a southern Belle name and loved the 2 cities in the south with that name. So I will always be a Bama Belle."
   "Savannah you will always be my southern Belle cause with your name and drawl, well you can't just claim Bama. Savannah is a town in my home state of Georgia. Now when will you finish school?"
  "I finish in May, so 21/2 months till graduation. What about you, headed out of  town to the next show tonight?"
" yeah my schedule is pretty much one night, one town and then on to the next. How about another dance?"
    "Let's do that superstar because I want to celebrate my birthday in the arms of this hot guy I met that can sing like nobody's business and is going to make it big real soon."
  I just looked at her as I took her hand and led her to the dance floor pulling her into my arms as Jake Owen's Don't Think I Can't Love You  starts playing. I look into her eyes and get lost as I sing those words to her. I know that I could fall for this blonde hair blue eyed southern belle and it is like a knife in my already hurting heart because I know that fate is playing a cruel joke on us. I kiss the top of her head and pull her close memorizing the feel of her in my arms and the way she smells and how her head rests perfectly on my chest. It feels like we are the only two people in the room. Why did I meet her tonight? This is going to be one of those nights I will never forget as long as I live.