Let Me Love You

"Yeah, Renuka, sing," Taniya starts jumping on the sofa.

Oh, this kid...

"But I don't sing, I can't do this," I inform them.

It's not like, I can't sing. I learned it for five years. Just the problem is- I'm really bad at it. That's what I believe. Most of the people say that I have a nice voice, but I don't believe it.

"Oh c'mon Renuka, it's not like you're singing in a competition,"says Sid, "You just have to sing in front of us. We aren't going to judge you."

I glance at Taniya, who is giving me a toothy smile right now, forcing me to say 'yes'.

I take a deep breath, and open my mouth, "Ok, I'm ready."

"Yay!" Sid and Taniya shout in unison. They may not share the same blood, but share the same personality traits. They're quite similar. Even there's huge difference in their ages.

"There's nothing to be so happy," I say dryly, "Soon you're gonna regret for it."

"You can't be that bad," says Sid. "I mean, your voice is good. So, I don't think that you can sing that bad," he adds.

I give him a sweet smile, "Soon you're going to know, that how wrong you are."

He doesn't say anything, just winks at me. I stick out my tongue in return, and he cracks up.

"Ok, tell me what song," he asks, adjusting the position of the guitar.

"Let me love you," I answer.

"Come baby."

"What?"

He chuckles, "Just kidding."

I roll my eyes at him, "It was a very bad one."

He smirks.

"You like Justin Bieber?"

"Well," I pause for a few seconds. "I don't like him, neither I hate him. Some of his songs are really catchy. I can't deny that he is talanted," I explain.

"Indeed. Just some of his activities are unforgettable," he comments. "We should start now. Are you ready?"

"Yeah....but I want...you to start first."

"I don't sing. I'm just a guitarist, Renuka."

"I know, you can't be that bad," I say, punching him playfully.

"But- "

"Look, Neytiri, your brother and I'm going to sing a duet," I say, cutting him off in the middle of his protest.

"Yay! Brother is gonna sing!" Taniya starts clapping, and bouncing on the sofa.

I curl my lips into a smirk, and look at Sid. He shoots me a fake glare.

"If that's what you want..."finally, he starts playing the guitar. After playing the main tone of the song, he starts singing.

I used to believe
We were burnin' on the edge of somethin' beautiful
Somethin' beautiful

Just in this starting, I understood that he can sing. The rhythm, the notes, everything is just perfect. Now I'm feeling more uncomfortable to sing in front of him.

Say, go through the darkest of days
Heaven's a heartbreak away
Never let you go, never let me down
Oh, it's been a hell of a ride
Driving the edge of a knife
Never let you go, never let me down