The reason

I keep myself silent. He can blackmail to come with him, but he can't blackmail me to talk. I can't forget that because of him people called me a thief. That also hurt my dignity. No, I won't forgive him. 

"Rudie, won't you order anything?" I hear him asking. But I don't answer nor look at him. "Okay, I'm sorry, I know that I shouldn't have done something like that. Please forgive me," he says. 

"You should feel great about yourself. Sidhath Mukherjee is asking for forgiveness to you," he adds.

At first when he asked for forgiveness, I decided to forgive him, but after hearing the last line I changed my decision. I remain silent.

"Hey, what do you want me to do? Say something, I'm dying to hear your voice," he says dramatically. "Honestly, I never thought that I would miss your voice so much. Please say something, Rudie, please."

"I hate you," I finally say something as he wanted me to. 

"This must be the first time when someone is happy to hear it."

I try to suppress a smile but feel the corner of my mouth twitch. Somehow, I manage to hide it and go back to my serious expression.

"Can you say something else?" he asks politely.

"I hate you more than my fatty neighbor, Mrs Chaudhary."

He laughs, "Now, who's Mrs Chaudhary?"

I give him a flat look, "I just said, my neighbor."

"I meant, why do you hate her?"

"Oh, she's a really arrogant, hateful woman," I say, remembering her face. "She has money and she always comes to our house to tell us how her son is studying in America, how her husband is doing great in his business and buying her expensive jewelries. She's such a show-off."

"Okay, don't destroy your already destroyed mood more. Just tell me what you want to eat and I'll buy you."

I look at him, he gives me a genuine smile. I never knew that I'm that easy to melt. He melts my wall when he shares the most captivating smile. I don't understand why his smile has this kind of effect on me, but I like it. I like when he smiles. Only the genuine one, not the smirk.

"Just the Cookie chip choco dip," I say.

"As you wish," saying this, he walks over to the order section.

Suddenly my eyes fall on a poor little boy and his mother, standing outside of the parlor and staring at the ice creams. I can feel that he badly wants to get one, but because of his poverty he can't. I feel for them. It's not like I'm a really kind person or I'm seeing poor for the first time, but you can say that I'm noticing poor for the first time.

I'm a self-centered person and I admit it. I used to see beggars almost everyday when I took bus, but I never gave a damn about them. I was too busy with my problems, when my problems are actually not any problem compared to theirs. But today I notice them. Maybe because, today I'm not busy in thinking about myself. This is the first time when I want to do something for them.

I open the chain of my bag and look inside. I've just hundred rupees. This isn't enough to help them, but at least they can buy something with it. I look at the order section to see what Sid is doing. He's still standing in the line. Today the place is a little more crowded than the other days, so it'll take some time. I walk out of the parlor when he's not noticing me.

I don't want him to see me to do this. I don't want to impress him and make him think that I'm good, because I'm not. Personally, I feel most of the people only do this kind of kindness just to get noticed or to impress others. You can hardly find a person who does it without expecting anything in return. I saw many people who did this kind of works just for show. Some people took their photos and made videos of their kindness and uploaded them on social medias and they got famous. But nobody actually knows what their real intentions are. It's not like I'm saying that everybody does it just for show, I know there's some people who do it from the bottom of their heart, but they are just few.