Chapter 27

"You really think it will work?"

They were all back at StarLabs, bright sparks flying off of what looked like a pair of sunglasses. Cisco held several tools to the technology, carefully maneuvering around wires.

"I think so," he said, dread clear in his voice.

Bethany ran her hand through her hair, an odd feeling in her stomach, most likely due to anxiety.

She was leaning against the entrance to the Cortex; she was keeping watch for when Wells came back.

"So, this will allow him to see into his dream," Barry breathed out, leaning down slightly to get a better look.

"I got the idea from an article on lucid-dream therapy. They think it can be used to help people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder."

A even worse feeling erupted into Bethany's stomach. She glanced back towards the group, seeing her brother oddly putting his hand out to the side.

It was strange for him to be there, before the blonde had run back in time, Jonas had gone out of town. He wanted to 'see the world', but now he was here and had never left.

Jonas' arm remained extended outward until no one got a clue.

"I need the pliers," he rolled his eyes while Barry quickly grabbed the rusting metal and handed it to him. "You say Doctor Wells killed you, but I still don't understand how you could still be alive," he muttered, carefully maneuvering the glasses; Cisco and him made a great team.

"Time travel," Bethany said simply, glancing toward the group, making eye contact with Barry, then looking back down the hall.

"Cool."

"Now, we're sure this thing isn't going to, you know, mess with my brain, right," Cisco laughed nervously, finally standing up straight.

"The amount of electricity required to trigger lucid dreaming is harmless. Probably." Caitlyn made an unsure expression when the slight hum of Harrison's wheel chair became audible.

Bethany took a deep breath when he turned into her field of vision.

"Doctor Wells," she said grabbing the attention of the group. He ignored her greeting.

"Who's going to be lucid dreaming," he questioned, moving right past the blonde.

Everyone looked up, their mouths slightly parted with a lack of a response.

"Um...."

When no one answered, Bethany spoke up and instantly regretted it.

"Me."

Wells turned his chair around to face her, everyone watching with worry and shock.

"Really," his voice said with interest, "this wouldn't have anything to do with PTSD would it? I know we've spoke about this before..."

The blonde was unsure of how to respond and was very thankful when Caitlyn spoke up.

"Not necessarily, but there are many theories that discuss lucid dreaming and it's ability to help patients with mental issues." The remorse was clear in her voice.