Chapter 21

A soft hand ran up and down Bethany's back over and over, her shirt slightly pulled up to allow access to her bare skin.

Her back was facing Barry's chest. Unsurprisingly, it was his hand that was gliding over the blonde's flesh, every once in a while sliding over a bump that was a scar from her lifetime of pain.

He had woken up about ten minutes ago, which was around the usual time he woke up, but he wanted to allow Bethany to sleep for as long as she could.

Sadly, the universe had other plans.

The obnoxious ringtone that belonged to Barry's phone began to sing, causing the blonde women to slightly stir.

Quickly, Barry turned onto his his back to reach for the phone that sat on the bedside table. He looked at the caller ID to see that Joe was calling. Barry quietly groaned before answering.

"Hey."

Bethany opened her eyes slightly, glancing in Barry's direction before laying her head back down quietly.

"Barry, Where the hell are you?"

"Uh, I was just leaving my apartment. What's up?" He glanced towards Bethany to see that she was smirking at him with raised eyebrows, which he smiled innocently to.

"There was a break in at a customs warehouse uptown. We need you here."

"Yeah, okay, see you in a bit." He ended the call before, plopping his head back down next to Bethany's while smirking. "How'd you sleep?" She yawned before responding.

"Surprisingly well."

He laughed proudly to himself before he sat up.

"We should probably get going then, Joe wants us both there."

"No, no, no. Joe only called you. He never said anything about me going." Bethany smiled funnily at him, crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly right up until her phone began to ring, which caused her to groan and Barry to laugh.

~~~

They walked into the garage, immediately taking in its large size and the commotion around it. Quickly spotting the pair, Joe walked over to them.

"You two arrive at the same time," he asked curiously, eyeing one child, then the other.

Bethany and Barry glance towards each other before looking back towards Joe without giving an answer. Thankfully, he let the topic go.

He lead the CSIs over to an area where the floor was covered in rumble. A police office called the Detective over while the two look around.

Bethany furrowed her eyebrows, bending her knees to get a better view of the shattered steel, Barry did the same before Joe walked back over.

"Find anything," he asked, Eddie standing next to him with his arms crossed.

Bethany picked up a large piece of the damage, nearly dropping it when she felt how cold it was.

"The breakage indicates that the door somehow had zero viscoelasticity when it hit the ground."

"What does that mean to normal people," Joe asked sounding annoyed.