Chapter 13

I recommend listening to The Run and Go by Twenty One Pilots while you read this chapter.

~~~
With a slight groan Bethany stirred awake, vibrations going through her body, originating in her right, back jean pocket.

"What did I say about waking me up while I'm sleeping," the blonde mumbled into what felt like a pillow. She knew that she didn't get anywhere near enough sleep when she was actually trying to, usually waking up from nightmares, so, when Iris had once attempted to drag her out of bed, she had vaguely told her she was too tired and not to wake her.

The vibrations continued, Bethany squinted her eyes shut has hard as she could, trying to ignore the noise.

Then, suddenly, she remember. She remembered seeing the hooded man in the alley. She remembered him telling her to leave. She remembered not listening, but then everything went blank.

She flew up, looking around to see where exactly she was, only to be taken over by confusion. She looked down at the bed. It was decorated with a gray duvet which matched the pillow she had been laying on earlier. To the right of the bed, a book shelf full of books sat against the wall next to two doors that led to a walk in closet. By the bed was a white night stand, where an empty mug sat from the morning. She was in her room.

She glanced back towards the nightstand to see a folded piece of paper. She furrowed her eyebrows at it as she picked it up, also reaching for her phone which had repeatedly vibrated in an off and on pattern. Looking down at the brightened screen, Bethany saw she had 5 missed calls, all from Barry.

Once again, the screen changed and a photo of Barry popped up with a green and red button on the bottom. She silently cursed to herself as she answered the call, bringing the phone to her ear while unfolding the note.

"Hello," Bethany asked in a confused tone.

"Bethany, where have you been," his voice was demanding and almost sounded worried.

"I-I was-," she paused using her shoulder to support her phone while she read the note.

Don't come looking for me.

"-what...what do you need, Barry?"

"The man from today, the one that can duplicate himself, we know his weakness. I need your help."

"Right," Bethany set the note back down on her bedside table. "Where?"

"Stagg Industries. We think he's attempting to kill Simon Stagg again, tonight. Why don't I pick you up?"

"Okay, just give me like five minutes."

"Hurry."

The call ended, and Bethany jumped towards her duffle bag pulling out her alias costume.

She traded her blue jeans for black ones, jumping up and down to pull them up because of the tightness. Then, she pulled on her leather jacket over a white tank top. Pulling on her black, flat heeled boots, the blonde nearly toppled over while rushing to get ready. Lastly, she put on her gloves, leaving her mask hanging around her neck until Barry got there.

Around a minute later, Bethany found herself clinging to what she assumed was Barry, running with his speed towards the location.

When they came to a stop, the blonde nearly fell over, but the streak grabbed onto her arm, pulling her towards him so she wouldn't fall.

"We have to find the prime," he said.

Bethany looked around, noticing that her mask had been placed onto her face while they were running.