Chapter 5

Walking towards the entrance to the Queens mansion, Bethany glanced towards Barry, who was walking on the right side of her. He was wearing a nice suit with a red tie, while she was wearing a long white dress with silver high heel sandals. She hated wearing heels, not only because they were uncomfortable, but because they made her look super tall. She had never been fond of the fact that she was taller than most people at 5'9 and it was one of the only things people liked to point out about her.

"Have I mentioned yet that you look good in red," she asked, looking up towards Barry to see him smirking.

"Only several times throughout high school."

"Well, it is very true."

They made it to the front doors where a kind looking man wearing a tux, maybe in his fifties or sixties, opened the door allowing them to enter into the Queen's household.

Bethany raised an eyebrow when it looked as though the house was nearly empty. They entered the main room, Barry awkwardly fixing his suit when Felicity was in his sight. Oliver quickly whispered something in Felicity's ear before walking away.

Bethany headed towards Oliver after listening to Barry and Felicity exchange and awkward 'hi'.

She watched as Oliver motioned to the bartender to get two shots, when a brunette walked over to him. She took the shots Oliver had ordered and handed him one, they chatted away but Bethany wasn't close enough to hear what was being said. After they downed the shots, Oliver walked over to the blonde.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, seeming a bit distracted.

"What was that about," she asked, as he continued to watch the same brunette talk to his mom. He shook his head before walking towards the pair. Quickly, she followed not far behind, but not too close.

"Is everything alright," Oliver questioned, more directed at his mother that the girl.

"Everything is perfect," the brunette smiled. She walked away leaving Oliver and his mom alone, only they didn't exchange any words. As soon as she left to talk to more of her guests Oliver turned to her.

"Isabel Rochev, she works at the company."

"Oh," Bethany started, not knowing how to finish. "Oliver...are you in love with Felicity?" She had noticed the way he had been acting when Barry and her were being flirty. Also how the two acted towards each other.

He just looked at her, not giving a straight answer but a look that said 'you know me too well'.

~~~

Before they knew it the party was over and the two CSIs were back at the crime scene accompanied by Felicity.

Barry was on the phone getting yelled at by caption Singh while the two girls went through all the findings in the evidence.

"Well, caption Singh found out I don't have food poisoning. We need to get back to Central City if I still want to be employed. Which I do." Barry began to gather his things while Bethany just stayed put. "Tell the SCPD that the sedative in the thief's blood is ketamine. It's a schedule three controlled substance. It shouldn't be hard to track."

"Thank you," Felicity started only for the two of them to get out a jumble of words that didn't make sense.

Barry glanced at Bethany before furrowing his eyebrows.