We Actually Managed It

Start from the beginning

I suddenly also feel confused, not getting what she was talking about. I had made sure to put one back in there so this didn't happen and-

My thoughts are immediately cut as I see her showing me a light blue condom packaging, and I feel like disappearing from the face of the Earth, at the same time that I feel like going right into Shawn's room and smacking him on his head.

"You had one freaking job." I mumble under my breath, thinking about the one task I asked him to complete. Some days ago before my parents were back,  he offered to go to the pharmacy, and I asked him for a replacement. I thought that he had understood what it was for when I asked for it, but I guess not.

I continue feeling my face burning even more with every passing moment, and I divert my gaze from my mum's, as she looked at me with a "see, I was right, I knew you would need it" look.

I continue absolutely still as I wait for the predicted, and pray with all my heart that I was wrong, and that she wasn't going to do what I imagined she would do.

"So," she says as she takes a seat beside me on my bed, a amused smile on her face. "How was it?"

Kill me. Now.

"OH SHOOT mum I'm not talking to you about this heck no!" I say, instantly putting my hands over my ears.

"What dear I'm your best friend you can tell me anyth-"

"Don't you dare. We're not talking about this. Full stop." I say exasperated, and I just wanted to hide in a hole and die of so much embarrassment. "And we have a graduation ceremony to go to. We better hurry." I argue, cutting her short.

As my mum continued to try to talk to me, I realize I am ready to go already, so I just walk out of my bedroom with her trailing me, ignoring her words. I go to the living room to find my dad and Shawn sitting on the couch, having a conversation, both of them already ready to go to the ceremony.

As much as the scene was pleasant, to see that my father and Shawn get along so well, I continue with a frown on my face from my previous conversation with mum, my cheeks still flaring with embarrassment.

As Shawn sees me, a smile appears on his face and he goes on to compliment me, but then he stops himself as he sees the frown on my face. "Why the ugly face? You should be happy today. You're graduating!"

The nauseous feeling takes over again as my stomach tightened at the thought. I was happy, however to know that after the Summer I wouldn't be going back to school where I would see all of my friends... it was bittersweet.

Seeing my dad in the room, my mum shuts up, which I internally thank for.

"Nothing... everything's fine. Just that some people had one job, and they didn't manage to complete it." I say, looking at him pointedly at the last part.

His face contorts into an expression of pure cluelessness, as he got the message that it was him who I was talking about, but wasn't catching to what he had done specifically. Before he goes on to question, I sigh, putting the matter behind. My mum had shut up, and that was what mattered. "Forget it." I put a smile to my face. "You're right."

"So, everyone ready to go?" My dad asks as he looks around at everyone in the room, and sees that everyone seemed ready.

I turn to my mum, and see that she too, was ready. "I think so."