22

a/n: we'll just skip to the day of the formal dance. kekeke
~~~~~~~~~

[yoongi's pov:]

"ugh, wearing a suit feels funny," i said while fixing my tie. but taehyung suddenly slapped my hand away.

"don't touch it. it's fine," he said. puffing my cheeks out, i gave a soft sigh.

"yah, are you not going to pick up your date?" hoseok asked as he looked into one of the mirrors of the school hallway.

"she told me she'll be on the way with sulli," i told them.

"oh my god, you know what i just realized?" hoseok suddenly gasped as he brought his hand over his mouth.

"what?" namjoon asked as he tried his eyebrows.

"i don't even have a date!!" hoseok said. i raised an eyebrow.

"but i thought namjoon was your date?" taehyung suddenly began to say. everyone suddenly got silent and we looked at each other awkwardly.

"oh," hoseok giggled as he wiggled his eyebrows at namjoon, "right." i watched as namjoon winked at him and blew a flying kiss.

"ew, i'm going to puke," i mumbled to myself as i saw what i just witnessed.

just then, taehyung's phone buzzed. he pulled it out and smiled at the text.

"they're close by already."

i felt my palms and forehead sweat. "already?"

"what? are you nervous?" namjoon asked.

"actually, yes namjoon, i am," i said staring at him, facepalming myself.

hoseok shook his head as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "aigoo. you'll be fine. come on. lets join the party, maybe it'll take your mind off things."

i pulled at my collar slightly as we all agreed to go inside the main hall. there, music blasted throughout the room and other people were dancing and eating. here goes nothing.

[soojin's pov:]

the next second, my mother had pulled up in the parking lot in front of the school. sulli and i got out the car once we parked and i made sure i didn't mess up anything.

"you guys have fun. don't forget to text me!" my mother said as she rolled down the passenger window.

"i won't. drive safely," i told her. she gave a smile at me and then soon left. i looked at sulli admiring her once more. but then, i realized the person waiting inside is the person i was going to be with, possibly the whole time at this formal dance. suddenly, i could feel my tummy turn making me slightly sick.

"sulli, i'm so nervous," i softly said as i couldn't move my legs. sulli couldn't help but chuckle to herself.

"soojin, don't worry. you look beautiful. and i'm pretty sure when yoongi sees you, he'll say the same thing," she smiled to me. i gave a nervous smile back. she took my hand into her's.

"come on. they're waiting."

i gave a small nod of my head as we entered the front entrance of the school where some school guards had allowed us in.

we walked further down the school hallways when we found the source of loud music and people dancing and chattering around. i gulped slightly and felt my hand that held sulli's hand began to sweat.

"ready?" she asked. i looked at her and vigorously shook my head. she grinned and held my hand tight as she opened up the doors.

when we entered, i saw how beautiful everything was set up. at the right side, they served drinks and trays of delightful foods. and at the other side of the room, they had the stage where the dj stood. and in the middle was a designed tree with lights that hand all over the branches and up to the ceiling.